Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

jeff beck's drown in my own tears

Graham

hello

this song can be found on the Jools Holland Cd. I really love it and it would be great to learn it, so if anyone knows where I could get the music for guitar for it i would be very gratefull.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do a search for power tabs. You get the musical notation, and the tabliture. Of course, PT's are the authors interpritation of the song, and may not be the exact of the original.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Another Brit!!!!

Welcome :wave:

With all of the Beck Fans in this forum, it shouldn't be long for an answer. They'll probably tell you when and where it was recorded, what guitar, amp and strings used,

and what color t-shirt he was wearing that day ;)

Just kidding Graham

Tell us about yourself!

Lynn G

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Another Brit!!!!

Welcome :wave:

With all of the Beck Fans in this forum, it shouldn't be long for an answer. They'll probably tell you when and where it was recorded, what guitar, amp and strings used,

and what color t-shirt he was wearing that day ;)

Just kidding Graham

Tell us about yourself!

:D:D Beck fan here!! I'm not sure about the tab, but I do have a bootleg video of the performance. With it being Beck, there's some serious tremelo arm action going on, and other pyrotechnics. I'm not sure you could find a tab that would be very accurate. I wish that I could post the video so you could see for yourself. He pulls off a little Hendrix neck slapin', and some great finger picked harmonics. Great performance from a master. Wish i could be of more help. :(:):)

What's the tab symbol to indicate 'work the vibrato arm throughout the song while working the volume control with your pinky' :D

The man's a fricking machine I tell ya.

Speaking of Beck...A friend of mine went to that big Clapton concert in Texas. He says Beck only played on like one song and didn't appear too happy with the whole thing. He never played with ZZ Top as he was supposed to. A bit disappointing apparently.

Tom

http://www.digitalaudiorock.com

The Protools Plugin Preset Co-op

I was gonna ask somebody about that. I was at the Crossroads festival baking in the sun for about 10-12 hours waiting to see JB. Was it just me or did it seem like Jeff wasn't really into it? I was really dissapointed that he only did 'Cause we've ended as lovers', but it appeared that Clapton kind of outshone him on his own tune.

Then again, it might have had something to do with going over time limits. There was a blues jam earlier with B.B. King, EC, Jimmie Vaughan, Buddy Guy, and John Mayer(?) that meandered on and on. When B.B. left the stage with Clapton, Buddy took over and shot the energy level through the roof. (all while Santana was set up on the adjacent stage and ready to play) Unfortunately, it looked like they finally had to cut Buddy short. I suppose somebody had to have their set abreviated to make up for it, and Beck might've been the sacrificial lamb.

Heck, I guess I wouldn't go out on stage either and tell thousands of Texans that the last band of the day- ZZ Top- wasn't going on due to time constraints! :eek:

I'd better take some time and listen to some JB, because a lot of you seem to be enthralled with em. I just never gave him much of a listen. Maybe it was the vocals. I'll have to re-look at that issue.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

The best way to learn Jeff Beck is by ear, because the guys who write tab can't express it on paper (or screen).
"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

To an extent, I gotta agree with strat monk.

I've never found a power-tab or regular tab that nailed a JB piece.

Many will get the notes kinda right, but there are so many little stylistic things and noises and stuff that make up the 'JB Thing' that you need to be familiar with the piece as played.

Also, is that CD live?

That'll mean (probably) that it's different from a studio recorded version, as JB is known to 'extrapolate on a theme' live.

How can we fight ignorance and apathy?

Who knows! Who cares!

Originally posted by tld:

Speaking of Beck...A friend of mine went to that big Clapton concert in Texas. He says Beck only played on like one song and didn't appear too happy with the whole thing. He never played with ZZ Top as he was supposed to. A bit disappointing apparently.

Tom

Beck's become quite the whiner, I'm afraid. Did a similar thing when he played here in Sacramento with BB. His set wasn't that good, either, and the audience (and Beck) knew it. He seemed to be more interested in making noise(s) than music. And no bass player -- keyboard player handled that role :confused:

Just for the recored, I wore out 3 Blow by Blow records in the 70s. I just think technique and experimentation has gotten in the way of his music.

Originally posted by Michael Jackson's real nose:

Well, he's always been a cranky fellow but he's probably the most inventive, least self-satisfied rock guitarist other than Hendrix.

Can't much argue with that. I just wish he'd go back to more of a focus on melody and rhythm -- but everyone's got their preferences :cool:

Archived