Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender and G &L Tele comparison

alanfc

hello--

anyone out there have experience with:

=G & L ASAT Tele-style and

=Fender Telecaster?

my main question is the bridge pickups- The Fender with its bridgeplate and the G&L without.

Could you put the differences into words for me? Feel free to use any culinary terms you need.. :eek:

as well as sonic.. :)

thanks

Alan

Rivera + Fender Strat

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhmn, I like the classic Tele's ferrous-metal base-plate; I think it lends itself to that "pedal-steel" sound and vibe, the sustain, the bite, the "shootin' sparks"-sound... all classic Tele.

That being said, G&L Tele-styled guitars, like the ASAT-line models, are GREAT guitars and should not fail to please anyone looking for a classic Tele sound and feel. Leo's all-over those guitars, moreso, really, than many a new Fender.

If both wre in a shop, or even in two different shops in the same town, and I was shopping for a Tele, I'd look very intensely at both, and ultimately try to narrow it down to just two, one of each, and then have new strings of the same kind put on each and really deliberate between the two. Of course, my choice of the two would be oposite someone else's, and a third player would doubtless have narrowed it down to two completely different Fender and G&L axes...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I've got a standard ASAT (black, maple board) that (after last weekend's gig) I've come to realize is just about my favorite playing guitar. I don't think the bridge pup is quite as "twangy" as a Fender Tele, but I think the neck on the ASAT plays better and the overall tone of the guitar is more useable in a wider variety of situations.

But the main thing is the playability of this axe -- great, great balance and a great neck. :freak:

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

Archived