Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When Concerts Go Wrong: Sign of the Apocalypse #347

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Newsday: [b]The animal's head flew off lead singer Maniac's knife and struck Per Kristian Hagen, 25.Mayhem member Rune Eriksen, whose stage name is Blasphemer, said the incident was unfortunate.Eriksen promised Hagen a free ticket to the group's next performance. [/b][/quote]Spinal Tap lives on!!!!!!
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Victim: [quote] "My relationship to sheep is a bit ambivalent now. I like them, but not when they come flying through the air," Hagen told The Associated Press Monday from his hospital room. "I have a headache now." [/quote]HELLO CLEVELAND!!!!! :D (I wonder if it left a stain, or more of a globule???) :freak:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

What The? They were butchering a sheep on stage? Am I missing something here? I could go down to the grocery store and ask them if I could watch them cut the meat up and I bet they wouldn't even charge me. "Hey man, mind if I bring my amp and guitar down here and play a little whilst you carve the meat?" That's just bizarre. OK I get it, I guess that band is trying to re-create some kind of pagan festival on stage. Yuuuck, I hope the stage has a good drain on it. They'll probably have to have those kind of stages inspected eventually. THIS stage has been rated 89, a grade B. There were a few problems with swarming insects.

[quote]Originally posted by Vex: [b]Correct me if I'm wrong Eric Worthington, but I do believe it was Ralph, not Milhouse, who said the quote. ;) [/b][/quote]Then I'll correct you. :D It was Milhouse, to whom Bart replies, "Slag off!" Favorite new quote -- Chief Wiggums: "I'm kind of a crime buff myself."

[quote]Originally posted by Brakka.: [b]Is it "Wiggum[i][b]s[/i][/b]?" I thought it was just "Wiggum." [/b][/quote]You are correct. Lose the superfluous "s". [img]http://thesimpsons.com/bios/images/bios_townspeople_wiggum.gif[/img] "The suspect is driving a...blue car...and he is...hatless. Repeat, the suspect is hatless."

[quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [b]I don't think that kind of thing should be allowed in a public place. That's animal cruelty, really. Please, stop the animal cruelty. Stop being heathens, too.[/b][/quote]I remember that in Costa Rica, all the locals would get together to chase the cows around until they could manage to capture it. It's like a party. This is definitely different though.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]What The? They were butchering a sheep on stage? Am I missing something here? .[/b][/quote]The sheep were already dead before they reached the stage.Read closer.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Eh... what do you expect from those wacky Black Metal kids? Consider this: Mayhem's old singer, Dead, committed suicide by shooting himself in the head with a shotgun in his record store. Allegedly, when the band's guitarist found his corpse, he collected bits of Dead's skull for jewelry and took pictures of his body for future album covers. Talk about promotional techniques. Folks around here try to get fans by passing out flyers.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived