Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Only Here would this happen

alanfc

Just now I was doing a search on open/closed back cabinets, and stumbled across a fellow forumite's post on the subject from a couple months ago, which mentioned ME.

That he was trying to help me, and had a question of his own to fill in his knowledge...

He was asking a question so that he could advise me ! (I'm dying to tell who it was)

That was nice. Only here!

Rivera + Fender Strat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK sorry I'll PM the guy and ask him if I can tell.

I don't want to make him look like a goody-2shooz but I don't want to make him look ignorant either. Actually there's no way he could be seen in an unfavorable light but I want to make sure.

Ok there's a clue. Its a male

Rivera + Fender Strat

alanfc, you spoil me with all this anonymity! I got your PM and I had to come see what the fuss was about. First prize goes to super sleuth Geezer Holmes :D

It was I who posted the thread in question! If I remember correctly, you were asking about the differences between cab styles somewhere on another thread. I read your question and realised a gaping hole in my knowledge, so I decided to post a thread, to better educate myself. More of a selfish act than it may now seem.

I hoped it could have been of some use to you also, thinking you'd see the thread and chime in. Which you did! Funny it was three months later! Like planting a little nugget of info for you to find at your leisure. Glad you got it in the end!

As things stand, I've still yet to initiate myself with the pleasures of a closed back cab. Are you still considering a new toy?

Thanks for the kindness.

Tea. :thu:

thanks Teahead-

I am passively shopping for a 2x12 still. I got my Rivera, except the 55 W version of the R Series. I got a Carvin 1x12 for recording in my double-hull homemade isolation cabinet. This amp is so powerful I may not need a 2x12 but I have yet to really air it out with live drum/bass.

I was researching open vs. closed back yesterday because I'm thinking of turning my 1x 12 in the iso-cab into a closed back. Things naturally are muddy in the tiny enclosed space, and I was going to try closed back for clarity/punch in the low end (?) I'm not sure if it will make a difference and I have not tested it out yet.

anyhow thanks again man

Rivera + Fender Strat

Aw, HELL, now I'm gonn have to go and slanderize Teahead, to keep his tea-head from swelling and put him in his place! 'S'only right and proper...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Aw, HELL, now I'm gonn have to go and slanderize Teahead, to keep his tea-head from swelling and put him in his place! 'S'only right and proper...

see this was what I was afraid of.

Teahead is no goody 2shooz.

Sorry Teahead, you gotta do something stupid now to make up for it

Rivera + Fender Strat

Yes! Our Man in Teashoulders should give away some free AC30s, and a few Keeley and Z Vex pedals, and some Celstion Alnico Blues. All the while bragging about how much better the Spice Girls and Justin Timberlake are than Jimi Hemdrix and Miles Davis. While guzzling Zima and cheap wine coolers. Mmn-Hmmn. That'd do it, I think!

hey Caevan I just saw you're only a couple months older than me (you old turd)

your avatar looks Pacific NW Native to me. Are you up there somehere? I grew up in Portland OR

Rivera + Fender Strat

The avatar's from up that way, but I'm not; I live North-West of Watkins Glen, NY (NE US).

I'm not at my house right now- I'm at a friend's house, hangin' with their young daughter while they're at work- so I don't have immediate access to my references and resources at home; if I was and did, I'd give you all the info on the avatar image's source. I'll provide it later if you like, by a reply here or PM, your choice. (Or,if you do a few searches, I posted a whole reply on the subject when several folks asked about it, quite a feew miles back.)

As for that troll, Teahead... :freak::mad::rolleyes:

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

[QB] so I don't have immediate access to my references and resources at home; if I was and did, I'd give you all the info on the avatar image's source. I'll provide it later if you like, by a reply here or PM, your choice.[QB]

no thats ok, just curious

thanks

edit- just found it (right clicked on your avatar) Stonington Gallery, Seattle. That answers it

Rivera + Fender Strat

D'OH!! Why didn't I think of that??!?

Surely, no doubt, the negative telekinetic influence of the fiendish troll, Teahead!! Does his evil know no bounds??!!?!!?

Archived