Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Larry LaLonde fans?

Nemomarley

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I always get so absorbed by Les Claypools bass lines and goofy lyrics that I don't notice too much of Lalonde's guitar; plus, his screechy-scritchy tone most of the time doesn't grab me. I wanna make my guitar sound like Les' bass when I hear Primus!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Actually, Larry's a pretty good player. He was one of Joe Satriani's students, and started out in seminal death metal outfit called Possessed, which is praised by fans of that genre of music, myself included. :)

It does take a bit to get used to Larry's playing, but I find it creatively interesting, and it does fit the quirky, offbeat nature of Primus's music. He did take a break for a while during Primus's "hiatus", and worked with some turntablists during this time.

One story goes that Les rags on Ler for the fact that one of his Possessed album-covers was held up by some protesting, album-burning, Bible-thumping woman on some television broadcast years ago! I read that in some interview once.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

One story goes that Les rags on Ler for the fact that one of his Possessed album-covers was held up by some protesting, album-burning, Bible-thumping woman on some television broadcast years ago! I read that in some interview once.

I remember that. Probably happened during the time when Tipper Gore came up with the Parents Music Resource Center (PMRC). This is the organization that successfully lobbied the record industry to put those Parental Advisory stickers on records with objectionable material.

Archived