Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Buddy, can U spare 26 seconds 4 sum FUSION?

Jazz Guitar

New clip. I've been working on an old song from 1978, "Sudden Samba" by Neil Larson. The solo is improvised, of course, me playing guitars and organ. This is somewhat early in the development cycle, but I liked it.

Tis the SG Standard and Boogie Formula rack, submitted for your approval. As always thanks 4 listening.

http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/artist_pages/songpage.php?mp3id=100030

Have you recorded an MP3 today?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by WaterMan:

Originally posted by Mr Nice Jazz Guitar Guy:

Originally posted by Mr Nice Jazz Guitar Guy:

Opps, not everyone has broadband. Here's the link to select format. Sorry!

http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/artist_pages/songpage.php?mp3id=100030

So "nobody" has 26 seconds to spare? Geez.......
I like it. Key of G? what scale?
Bb, the chords for the vamp are EbMaj7, Dm7, with a cute little "turnaround" of in measure 16 of Cm7 and F. Notice the vanilla chord substitutions? Theory works!

Thanks 4 listening.

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

MNJGG,

Got plenty of time (til Wednesday that is).

Sound card isn't configured correctly. Can't hear a thing.

Dave

Dave, do you do the digital recording thing?

These kids today have it made with PC recording, Band In a Box, preamps, drum loops, MIDI keyboards, CD burners and everything. Sure wish I had all this as a kid. It makes for much better musicians too, as nothing beats being able to hear, judge and correct one's self.

MNFGG,

Nope. I've just got an add on sound card that isn't configured right. I can take recording input though, I just haven't played with that part yet.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

MNFGG,

Nope. I've just got an add on sound card that isn't configured right. I can take recording input though, I just haven't played with that part yet.

Dave

Dave you've been missing out. Cakewalk, Band In a Box, MIDI files. Nothing really expensive either, but you'd be amazed at what you can do, and learn to become an arranger in the process. Add an inexpensive modeling preamp like a J-Station (now $99) and you and the "band" can play until the wee small hours of the morning and nobody hears a thing.

Best of all you get to hear yourself play in a very lifelike band setting, and make adjustments accordingly.

MNJGG,

Got plenty of time (til Wednesday that is).

Sound card isn't configured correctly. Can't hear a thing.

Dave

Do you have the drivers you need for this soundcard?

MNFGG,

Dave

Dave, what kind of card is it? Might I be able to help somehow? I've pulled a few rabbits out of my hat when it comes to getting soundcards working.

MNFGG,

I didn't mean to snub your help. I just didn't notice your replies.

I've got the drivers. It's a SoundBlaster 16.

The guy I got my computer from had the system speaker wires cut and patched out to an external speaker. I put the SoundBlaster in, hooked a jumper into the mothboard and proceded to try configurations. I couldn't seem to get any to work, so I went to bed. The next day I changed the configurations some more and took out the patch cable, still not working.

A few days later, my son told me that the speakers had been working (on the last of the first session's configs), I just had the volume turned all the way down (Duh..huh :rolleyes: ). I just haven't "got 'round to it" to try and re-create that config (I don't know exactly which one it was that worked the first session).

Dave

MNFGG,

I didn't mean to snub your help. I just didn't notice your replies.

I've got the drivers. It's a SoundBlaster 16.

The guy I got my computer from had the system speaker wires cut and patched out to an external speaker. I put the SoundBlaster in, hooked a jumper into the mothboard and proceded to try configurations. I couldn't seem to get any to work, so I went to bed. The next day I changed the configurations some more and took out the patch cable, still not working.

A few days later, my son told me that the speakers had been working (on the last of the first session's configs), I just had the volume turned all the way down (Duh..huh :rolleyes: ). I just haven't "got 'round to it" to try and re-create that config (I don't know exactly which one it was that worked the first session).

Dave

I got ya. I didn't realize the card had a "history" of sorts :D

MNJGG,

I got ya. I didn't realize the card had a "history" of sorts
Yeah, a "history". Good way to put it. I had moved the SoundBlaster over from my old computer and just haven't "found" the time (or motivation) to fix it.

Dave

MNJGG,

I got ya. I didn't realize the card had a "history" of sorts
Yeah, a "history". Good way to put it. I had moved the SoundBlaster over from my old computer and just haven't "found" the time (or motivation) to fix it.

Dave

Dave, soundcards are so cheap nowadaze. You might want to consider an upgrade. I mean $20 buys something decent! pricewatch.com is always a fun place to visit for prices.

The latest "rage" are these outboard DACs that connect to the PC by way of USB2 or Firewire. Most support the DVD standard 24bit/96KHz as well as CD 44.1KHZ/16bit. I like these.

My 20 bit Echo Gina from 1997 still meets my recording needs at this point.

Archived