Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Excuse me I thought this was a Guitar Forum

jzgtrguy

Hey Guys/Gals,

I thought this was a guitar forum, not a jazz guitar forum or a rock guitar forum or a country guitar forum or a you name it.... as long as it is about guitar I want to hear aboutit.

I grew up playing Allam Bros, Rick Derrenger (sp)

Chicago, Then I heard George Benson and my life took a hard right, however, I still get goose bumps when I hear Gregs Allmans slide break on States boro blues, or a Jeff Beck patended whammy bar dive bomb attack (goin down) or Eric Claptons Cross Roads or Julian Bream or Allan Holdsworth or Eric Johnson or Pat Martino or Joe Diorio or Frank Gambale or, or, or.... Good is good is good. A coupe of guys leave posts about jazz guitar and suddenly everyones paties are in knot. Mellow out you might learn something. Maybe not from me but maybe someone else.

Best,

Jeff

Failure is the path of least persistence.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This IS a guitar forum...

That DOES include jazz, thrash, rock, blues, funk, soul, country, folk, classical, flamenco, latin, slide, or whatever.

Post what you want. :wave:

Don't cost nuthin'! :thu:

Hey Jeff, where in SD are you from?

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Originally posted by jzgtrguy:

Hey Guys/Gals,

I grew up playing Allam Bros, Rick Derrenger (sp)

Chicago, Then I heard George Benson and my life took a hard right, however, I still get goose bumps when I hear Gregs Allmans slide break on States boro blues,

I'm just a jazz player, but I'm willing to bet you "remember" someone named "Duanne" playing slide. U C, I grew up when "Duanne" was still alive and remember him quite well. Greg sang and played organ.

I also remember Hendrix before the Church of Rock cannonized him as "the greatest". Of course the Church of Rock doesn't have one Segovia CD......

I first heard Benson on Hubbard's "First Light" LP.

Have you recorded an MP3 today?

jzgtrguy,

I thought this was a guitar forum, not a jazz guitar forum or a rock guitar forum or a country guitar forum or a you name it.... as long as it is about guitar I want to hear aboutit.
I agree. And, I think you'll find that most people on this forum will agree.

Of course we all have our favorite styles, but pulling a non-related style over into another style can be very effective.

We've just been on a "jazz kick" lately, and some people have gotten tired of it. Usually the forum has been pretty much heavy rock and blues, but it's all welcome.

I will listen to anyone's opinion, especially on this forum where there are so many experienced musicians. I will even go back and re-visit Dave Brubeck's "Take Five". I'm not convinced, yet, that I'll like it now as oppossed to 45 years ago, but I'll listen.

Dave the Folk, Folk-Rock, Country-Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Blues, and .... once in-a-while Country guy.

Oh, yeah, Contemporary Christian too. Did that scare anyone away? :D

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Hey guys,

Thanks for the follow up

Duanne! Duh! I knew better than that. I was just a little distracted at Star Bucks, Either that or Alzhiemers is setting in.

Freddie Hubards First Light!!!! Yes! That was my epiphany. I was in high school and this bass player friend of mine sets me down and puts on that album. I was in love from the first modal vamp Ab min7, Bb min 7. George just soared. I was done. It ain't let go of me yet,

I grew up in Point Loma, Graduate (socially promoted) out of high school in 1975. I now live in Jamul with 5 kids.

It just seemed to me that lately there had been a lot of posts like the Jazz guitar guys are taking over. Like we ever could.

Sorry for the Duanne/Greg brain Cramp! Jeeezzz,

Best,

Jeff

Failure is the path of least persistence.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the follow up

Duanne! Duh! I knew better than that. I was just a little distracted at Star Bucks, Either that or Alzhiemers is setting in.

Freddie Hubards First Light!!!! Yes! That was my epiphany. I was in high school and this bass player friend of mine sets me down and puts on that album. I was in love from the first modal vamp Ab min7, Bb min 7. George just soared. I was done. It ain't let go of me yet,

I grew up in Point Loma, Graduate (socially promoted) out of high school in 1975. I now live in Jamul with 5 kids.

It just seemed to me that lately there had been a lot of posts like the Jazz guitar guys are taking over. Like we ever could.

Sorry for the Duanne/Greg brain Cramp! Jeeezzz,

Best,

Jeff

See, I knew you knew that. I also know that you know the Freddie's last name is "spelt" "Hubbard". :D

OK,OK,OK,

I is quit posibly tha wurlds worse speler. liik eye sade i wus soasaly promoted out of hi skool.

"I don't want that kid in my class again"

Best,

Jeff

Funny but in the 7th and 8th grades I was a straight A stu-dunt in spelling. Thanks to computers I can't speel 4 crap.

Archived