Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help

Space_Ace113

i recently bought a jackson dinky and it has a metallic blue body, headstock, pickups are blue, knowbs are blue, and fretboard dot inlays are blue too. it has a clear pickguard that appears to be factory. the serial number is 923003 on the black and chrome plate on the back of the neck. so what is the year model of what i have, is the pickguard factory, and how rare is the body colored headstock and inlays.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Space_Ace113:

i recently bought a jackson dinky and it has a metallic blue body, headstock, pickups are blue, knowbs are blue, and fretboard dot inlays are blue too. it has a clear pickguard that appears to be factory. the serial number is 923003 on the black and chrome plate on the back of the neck. so what is the year model of what i have, is the pickguard factory, and how rare is the body colored headstock and inlays.

i don't know much about jackson, and i may get blasted for this: but i don't think jackson does anything in "rare" supply. they have always been (to my knowledge) a factory shop, turning out a fairly high amount of guitars.

with jackson, your best bet for rare value would be age, and prob not color options.

that said, i hope you have the most rare jackson ever! :D

It's cool funkjazz.

I have a Jackson, but I like prog metal, hard rock, and metal, so it's a great guitar for me. I'd never recommend it for anyone who doesn't like metal. But I put work in to mine, so it's way better than stock.

Having said that. Couldn't help ya. I bought mine used, I'm not positive what it is, but about 90% sure its a DX-10D Dinky (mine). As for yours, who the hell knows. Go to Harmony Central and look for guitars with the same description as yours. That's what I did.

Shut up and play.

Originally posted by funk_jazz:

i really wasn't trying to say anything about jackson's quality. i was afraid it would sound like that. :idea:

one of these days i'll earn to stay out of topics i don't belong in :freak:

I understand. That's why I said it's cool. But in regards to low-end guitars, I think they make some of the better ones. I like em better than Squier and Ibanez defintely.
Shut up and play.

revolead,

But in regards to low-end guitars, I think they make some of the better ones. I like em better than Squier and Ibanez defintely.
They used to be (I think) a higher level guitar. The RG-600 (or whatever) that I had was a pretty nice axe, or I was pretty naive about electrics :D:confused: .

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

They used to be (I think) a higher level guitar. The RG-600 (or whatever) that I had was a pretty nice axe, or I was pretty naive about electrics :D:confused: .

Dave

I know they did. They still are if you get a made in the USA model. Some of them run thousands of dollars, but nonetheless, they're super strats made for metal. I won't deny that. I made an "ultimate" custom shop Jackson on their website, it cost around $4500.
Shut up and play.

Archived