Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Perseus Cluster on Bass

magicman

perhaps off topic but I was amused and thought I'd share. I'm a wierdo :freak: ...

"One particularly monstrous black hole has probably been humming B-flat for billions of years, but at a pitch no human could hear, let alone sing, astronomers said Tuesday.

“THE INTENSITY of the sound is comparable to human speech,” said Andrew Fabian of the Institute of Astronomy at Cambridge, England. But the pitch of the sound is about 57 octaves below the middle C at the middle of a standard piano keyboard.

This is far, far deeper than humans can hear, the researchers said, and they believe it is the deepest note ever detected in the universe.

The sound is emanating from the Perseus Cluster, a giant clump of galaxies 250 million light-years from Earth. "

"I believe that if it were left to artists to choose their own labels, most would choose none." - Ben Shahn

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by magicman:

But the pitch of the sound is about 57 octaves below the middle C at the middle of a standard piano keyboard.

This is far, far deeper than humans can hear, the researchers said, and they believe it is the deepest note ever detected in the universe.

I think I might have encountered this note the other day when a car drove past me playing some kind of hardcore/rap song.... ;)

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived