Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gibson Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway

aeon

http://home.comcast.net/~ianlamb/lpsfdcp90.jpg

Has anyone here tried Gibsons relatively new Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway?

You can see from the above image what it is basically...but if you wish, specs can be found here .

I cant say I am too into the idea of a worn finish, but a you cant go wrong with P-90s :D , and the price is decent...~$649 street.

Reviews on Harmony Central have been fairly positive, but I would love to hear any and all comments from anyone here that has tried one.

thanks in advance,

aeon

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aeon,

This showed up in a previous thread. Do a search for it.

Basically, I think no one had actually played one, but it was generally accepted that it would be a good guit. Re the finish, it's not distressed or beat up, just "faded". It's another color, that's all. AND a great price! :cool:

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I played it. It's great. I didn't buy it because the store only had a yellow one (I like the red better).

Great vintage sound. Solidly built. Light and comfortable (although it think it could use the beer-gut recess in the back). I wouldn't suggest using it for metal, though.

For the price, I give it a 9 or 10.

See the other thread, but to sum up..

I've spent a few hours in the past month playing these guitars at Valley Arts Guitar in Nashville. They're wonderful. Exactly what I've been looking for. Now, if I can only come up with some spending $$$. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived