Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Kid

leadfootdriver

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo New Kid. WELCOME :wave:

Re: the URL. No offense meant, but what is it? Your own site? Too cluttered.

If it is your own sit, a lot of guys around here think that's pretty "bold". Hang around a while before you brag. I know, "It aint' braggin' if you can do it." We just don't know if you can do it yet.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Well DUDE... I didn't remember reading anything that said "put your carrer on hold untill dave the DUDE says it's alright". So listen DUDE... I shall continue to post any link of my music that I can come up with, to get my thing going. Allright DUDE?... Okay DUDE, any time you wanna' stick your neck out, and put some of your music on the web for the world to hear, I'll be the first one to tell you how bad it sucked... Take it easy DUDE...

MySpace

Originally posted by leadfootdriver:

Well DUDE... I didn't remember reading anything that said "put your carrer on hold untill dave the DUDE says it's alright". So listen DUDE... I shall continue to post any link of my music that I can come up with, to get my thing going. Allright DUDE?... Okay DUDE, any time you wanna' stick your neck out, and put some of your music on the web for the world to hear, I'll be the first one to tell you how bad it sucked... Take it easy DUDE...

I think you're the one that needs to take it easy. No one was crapping on you, Dave was giving you a heads up.
"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

I don't know why,but I took the time to listen to a few of your songs.

No good, there's not really any feeling in it....seems all too technical. Website is also kinda messed up and needs to be reformatted so that we can read.

SPAM AND TROLL in your first two posts!

That's nearly a record.

Here's a nice thread you should read... it's all about getting off on the "right foot".

HELLO,from studio,jazz,rock guitarist Carmine D\'AMICO

You see forums like this are sort of like a cocktail party... and you just blasted through the door, screamed how great you are at the top of your lungs... and punched one of the guests in the nose... ooops... :freak:

BTW, there IS an "official" thread to post your music if you really want to... but perhaps you've already made all the "impression" here your "career" can stand...

:rolleyes:

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

You people want everything on your own terms, but it's exactly people like you that have been holding me back all my life. So if I've offended anyone, tough, because I have a life to live, and my days of mister nice guy are over. So, have anther listen! I love you all....

Great! Go live it somewhere else!

Fuckin' twit!

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

You people want everything on your own terms, but it's exactly people like you that have been holding me back all my life.

Um, it's an online message board. Of course there are certain rules and conventions. When we try to fill you in, listen. You came to us, after all. (Go spend some time reading that thread referred to above. Enlightening.)

Of course, it's not possible that having such a bad attitude could hold one back in life... :rolleyes:

Look, we try to be accepting of just about anybody here, regardless of style or abilitity. Pretty much all that's required is a certain degree of civility. Dave was trying to help you out, not to dis you. This is a pretty great group of people, and we welcome new folks in our midst.

Maybe we are just getting a wrong impression of each other. If that is so, sorry for the mistake. Stick around & get to know us, and feel free to add your views. If that's not the case, then yeah, we will be happier without each other.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

You people want everything on your own terms, but it's exactly people like you that have been holding me back all my life. So if I've offended anyone, tough, because I have a life to live, and my days of mister nice guy are over. So, have anther listen! I love you all....

I rarely play matchmaker but I think you sound like a perfect match for a "gal" named bralalala. Do you like hairy guys in school girl outfits ? :)

I just came back to this thread after a coupla' days and look what's happened! :eek:

I wondered if I might have worded my warning a little strongly, but I never expected this.

Yo, Kid! :wave: No harm meant. Like they said, just a simple warning. It's not that we don't want to hear your music, but we'd like to get to know you better. Just think of it as a date, and you haven't even fed us yet; never mind jumpin' in the back seat! :D

Everybody simmer down and see what the kid has to say.

Dave

Yeah Dave! Look what you've done! ;)

I hope that kid comes back (with a good attitude). If he reads here for a while (I think it's called "lurking"), he'll see how much there is to learn out there and what a great wealth of info we (mostly you other people) can offer. And we can learn from him too. :thu:

Lead, what do you think?

Huh, reading over my post, I'm assuming he's a kid. It's POSSIBLE that he was like 70 years old... :confused:

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Nah, don't sweat it. He was probably just posting anywhere he could. He had no real interest here. He obviously has other hobbies elsewhere. But you were right in the assessment of his web page.

Hey, against my better judgement and in the midst of not being able to get my multi-effects pedal to work properly, I got the Line 6 AM4 (amp modelor). Haven't had time to crank it up, but I'm not thrilled by it so far, in my amp. I REALLY like the format of the pedal. Basically you get 4 stomp boxes with one set of cords! Now that's pretty sweet! I did hear the Flextone at the store (GC). Nice stuff! Better sounding than the Spider 112.

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Owwww.... GAS :rolleyes:

Did you HAVE to mentiion the FlexTone sounded good? :D

I (or you, or ??)can get the FlexTone II ("obsolete" now with the III out) on ebay for around $200, the same, or less than a multi-efx "pod" / pedal. ;)

Dave

The Flextone II is my main amp. It really is quite good, and for about $400 you can pick up the amp & the pedal on ebay (I recommend getting the pedal since it gives you a lot more control over the amp).

Give one a try, guys. I bet you'll like it too.

(Ya know, I'm starting to sound like a commercial for this thing... :rolleyes: )

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Hey Mick. Some advice you can either take to heart or ignore: you really need to step back and take the time to learn how these forums work if you're gonna post here. To suggest that others are holding you back is ludicrous: you won't get far in life conducting yourself the way you have since you showed up here.

That out of the way, I went and listened to the tunes, hoping they'd suck really bad and, I must say, I was disappointed: the music doesn't suck. The guitar playing is quite good and the programming of the background parts is probably better than average. Like others have suggested, I'd do something with the background of your mp3.com page...maybe make it a gray-scale wash or something? The text is just too hard to see on top of that particular image.

If you could just put the same effort into treating others with some degree of respect as you obviously put into practicing your guitar playing, you might then be able to find some real musicians who could stand playing with you...

None more black.

Archived