Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh boy, where do I start with this one? I chalked it up a week ago to be the low point in Grammy history. But with S&G opening it with the "Sounds of Silence" quickly jolted me to realizing it was going to be somewhat historic. They sounded good too, for just one weeks rehersal! Quote of the day off "The Velvet Rope": "And congrats to John Mayer for being the first winner of a Grammy for what is basically a bad ska song, since Ricky Martin's Livin' La Vida Loca. Your Body Is A Wonderland? Well mine's a fucking haunted amusement park. Admission is free. Ride the lighting, John"" That is some funny stuff. I still find him a watered down Dave Matthews. What is up with Cheryl?? She is looking less and less Cheryl every time I see her. Her and Sir Michael Jackson must have the same Plastic Surgeons. And her war protest was a Guitar strap that says NO WAR, but the irony here is that her Hollywood hair do covered up the NO, so are we to think that Cheryl will be piloting the B2 Bombers next week??? Indeed a War statement gone awry. And for the other war statement coming from Fred D of Limp Bisquick.....well lets see...He is Pro Napster and I am ANTI napster.....he is anti war....I am for disarming sudam......OK, at least I am on track and still normal…whew! What a joke of an antiwar statement. Early on I turned to the wife and said "This is great, the artist are being artist and not talking about the war", then Mr. Dumbass comes out with his Wegro Antiwar statement. At least speak the language, to be even considered credible. Who was the black guy on stage with the Foo Fighters??? That is a big mystery?? I thought NStink did a great job with the Tribute. The Clash tribute was classy, I am not a big fan, but saw the respect they were showing. How about listing the dead bass player of the Who with a CORRECT spelling of his last name for god’s sake! And the Technical stuff that drives me BATTY. Ground Loops that are louder than ROBIN WILLIAMS, how can that be??? Then there was the distracting fact that the Engineer forgot to strike the mics as they tore down the sets!!!! While the presentation was going on you could hear the stage mics and noises. How amateur! Especially for NYC! I thought No Doubt did well ( I am a Non fan), Dixie chicks did ok, Averill L...what can I say......she is the poster child for Autotune. Oh, don’t forget boys and girls she is PUNK!! You could feel her anger & Angst!!! What a joke. Erica leaving the teleprompter cue's while they are HONORING a lifetime achievement award?? Lesson Learned here....get a respectable actor to do the lifetime achievement awards, give the Jackleg's that don’t shoe up for rehearsal the Polka nominees list. DCMIX

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everywhere I looked there was a Neumann mic. The new Neumann/Sennheiser radio mic got a work out, sounded great. What were the Dixie Chick's using (Shure large diaphragm mic maybe)...talk about in your face. Nick

Archived