Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland VG-8

ObviouslyCool

I've got a Roland VG-8 with all the cards. They since came out with an 88. Is anyone using these great little things? Any suggestions for programs. I play Eric, Stevie Ray, Albert King, Fogherty, old stuff from Rock&Roll and Blues. Having trouble making the Roland sound good unless I play it out of a PA. The presets are awesome but would like to make some of my own programs. Got any?
I used to know everything.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard, the 88 is a stripped down version and the VG-8 is superior.

You said that it doesn't sound good unless you play it through a PA. What else are you trying to run it through?

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

DC,

I went to the web site. Can you tell me in plain talk how to get the VG-8Ex patches out of this site and into my Roland? I know some about computers but not as much as most of you guys. (My favorite guitar effect used to be a coil cord)

'Cool

I used to know everything.

download the software ,ya need computer with a midi connection .read the instructions its really simple but if your new to midi it may take ya a few to get it.. dont worry you will get it

and fyi the vg8 and vg88 are built on totally different sound generators and are each capable of unique sounds

hope this helps

PEEEECE...........

Originally posted by ObviouslyCool:

DC,

I went to the web site. Can you tell me in plain talk how to get the VG-8Ex patches out of this site and into my Roland? I know some about computers but not as much as most of you guys. (My favorite guitar effect used to be a coil cord)

'Cool

Yeah, the main thing is you need midi in and out on your computer. You've gotta hook up the comp midi out to VG-8 midi in, and VG-8 midi out to computer midi in. Now you should be able to 'send' banks to your VG-8 and store banks from your VG-8 on computer. You can also write down your fav patches and drag and drop them into custom banks in the computer. Shame the VG doesn't have more user patch storage, but this somewhat solves that problem.

Archived