Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

POD XT

Tony Z

I'm thinking of getting the POD XT. I'm interested in using it primarily in recording direct with a little live use. I'd like to get feedback from those of you who've tried it, or purchased it. What do you think?

Tony Z

New Genesis Music

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm... they're brand new. So I don't think anyone's posted that they have one yet.

But, they have the same processor that the Vetta's do, and stompboxes and USB connections, and lots of cool stuff.

I'm looking forward to checking one out too.

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

heh - Yes, I'd very muchly like to try one also. I'm just hoping they bring the prices down on the POD 2.0 or the POD 1, so little ol' me can afford one.

Actually, I'd probably be looking at a Guitar Port if anything, but I dont know.

Nolly

"Money, Bitchez and Cheese!"

http://www.playspoon.com/nollykin/files/voxline.gif

"I never thought about it, and I never stopped to feel -

But I didn't want you telling me just what to think was real.

And as simple as it comes, I only wanted to express-

...But with expression comes regret - and I don't want you hating me."

Yeah, I definately ready to check one of these out. I have the origional POD, but am ready for some extra features. Can anyone tell me, does the POD xt have the ability to model 2 different amps at once like the Vetta? I didn't see anything about that on the line6 website. I would assume that it can, but who really knows?

Hello rocksoup, welcome to the forum.

No. The POD xt DOESN'T have the ability to model two amps at once. I agree that was the coolest new thing the Vetta had to offer, and it's probably something they want to keep to their higher end product. Although the do have the new DuoTone amp coming out, which DOES have this feature.

If you already have a POD, you could at least try getting an A/B box and running both the POD and PODxt at the same time... It should give you much of that "two-amp" vibe.

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

• 2 weeks later...

I got one last weekend and I've been playing with it for a few hours so far.

My initial impression is pretty favorable.

It still doesn't replace or have the "true" live sound of a good amp. But it's an improvement over the POD classic in several ways.

First, it has a lot more sound options. The addition of mic emulation, and stomp boxes gives you many more sounds for each model.

I've noticed that the sounds of some of the models from the POD classic have changed a bit. That's actually OK in my book, because if you have both, you've got even more sounds.

I think the new Marshall models are good sounding and useful. I especially like the JMP pre-amp model, the "jumped" plexi, and the Variac plexi. They all sound different, but useful.

There's still a bit of the charactoristic, "in a box" sound with this that was true of the POD classic.

Also, even when I think I've dialed in a good sound direct into my PA... when I A/B it with my real amp, mic'd... the amp pretty much wins.

I did try taking off the mic models by setting it for "amp / speaker" and then running it straight into the POWERAMP IN of my HR Deluxe... That actually sounded the "best" as far as "present" sound.

On the POD classic, my favorite amp for overdriven soloing was the soldano. On the PODxt, I can't get quite the same sound. It's just not as "full" sounding for some reason... Not a "bad" sound on the PODxt, just not as phat as the classic one.

Oh well.

I haven't decided whether to keep this forever or not... I still have a couple of weeks to return it if I want...

I did do some recordings with it straight into my Roland 880ex. THAT sounded pretty good... so maybe I'll hang on to it strictly for a recording tool.

That's what's it's designed for anyway!

If I could have had ANY other feature... It would have been the dual amp modeling from the Vetta. It may have made a big difference.

My bet... they will release a PODxtPRO someday that DOES have the dual amp models... Kinda a vetta in a rack.

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

I am really digging the PODxt. I'm not so concerned with EXACT modeling as I am with getting cool sounds, and it does those for me in spades.

There are some additional comments over in the Sound, Studio, and Stage forum. Just do a search on POD, it's probably on the 2nd or 3rd page at this point.

Archived