Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fulltone Clyde Wah

tenton

Anyone out there using one? Thoughts? Comments? I currently use an old optical Morley wah, which I like quite a bit, but it's become too unreliable/inconsistant and I'm tired of tweaking it.

Any other wah's I should consider that are outside the vox/crybaby style?

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tenton:

Anyone out there using one? Thoughts? Comments? I currently use an old optical Morley wah, which I like quite a bit, but it's become too unreliable/inconsistant and I'm tired of tweaking it.

Any other wah's I should consider that are outside the vox/crybaby style?

Thanks.

I just went from a Morley Pro Wah Volume to a Fulltone Clyde (standard, not deluxe). The Morley is not even a wah when compared to the Fulltone. Like you, I got tired of inconsistent results with the Morley . . . the sweep wasn't wide enough (in either wah or volume mode), and the "real" action occured (at least on mine) on the final 25% of motion going toe down.

The Fulltone is very expressive, wide sweep, very "vocal." I've found it useful as a tone device as well as a traditional wah. The standard has an adjustable trim inside for gain/bass response. The Deluxe, which costs about $30 more, has two outside dials for voice.

This is a great pedal. I have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 with which I am equally impressed. These are expensive pedals (relatively speaking), but they are pro equipment and sound and act like it. ;)

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

Archived