Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need help connecting my gear

Gus1234

I've decided to test all effects i have . I'm going to sell some pedals . Before i do it , i'm going to test them all .

I use to use no more than 3 pedals at once .. i'm kind of lost to plug them all

Gibson Les paul - fender hot rod de luxe

Dbx compressor ( rack )

SPX 990 (rack )

Big muff

daddy o danelectro

Tremolo

phaser

Delay

compressor

wah

Thanks folks :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gus.

Let's see...from the guitar, I'd go in this order:

If your amp lacks an FX (effects) loop or you don't use it:

*Compressor (use either the rack or the pedal, whichever works best, but just one)

*Wah

*Daddy O (this is an overdrive, right?)

*Big Muff

*phaser

*delay

If you do use your amp's FX loop, follow the order above, but put the phaser and delay in it, in this order:

(from preamp out)

*phaser

*delay

(to power amp in)

The SPX 990 works best in an amp's effects loop, though you can use it up front, too.

Hope that helps :)

Gus,

If you're really doing this just to test everything out, maybe you should plug 'em each up separately and check each piece individually? That way, if there's a problem (or multiple problems), it'll be lots easier to figure out what's broke when you've only got one hooked-up. Besides, the more pedals you string together like that, the crappier the output's probably gonna sound...it's not a fair test. BUT, if you just want to have fun, by all means plug 'em all up and see what happens!!!

None more black.

Hey rog

I want to put everything together and change the effects during the songs ... in real time ...

so , i need to plug " everyone " at once and test them all during my band practice ( not live performance ... i'm crazy but not stupid :) )

My basic setup is : guitar - compressor ( i'm in doubt between the pedal and the rack ) - big muff - tremolo - amp .

I want to see what works .

And shite .. i forgot the tuner pedal

I need a light : where the hell i put the tremolo and the tuner pedal ?

I have i feeling that i'm going to HATE this test but it's necessary

Put the tuner in front of everything else. You want a clean guitar signal going into the tuner.

In an effort to improve the responsiveness of e-mail for everyone, the e-mail servers will be out of service.

We are hopeful that this change will improve the performance of e-mail.

Archived