Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pro Reverb Vibrato Update

jazzcaster

Hi Myles,

Just a short update on my Pro Reverb vibrato problem (lots of noise, not audible at 1/4 power setting). It was, in fact, a defective tube (V6). I replaced the stock Sovtek with a Jan GE 12AX7WA and its fine....quiet, and works great at 1/4 power setting. I didn't really suspect a bad tube because the amp was brand new. Live and learn.......thank-you for your help. How are you making out with your customers Pro Reverb that you've been working on?

Best regards! :thu:

except for the notes and chords, playing guitar is easy!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jazzcaster:

Hi Myles,

Just a short update on my Pro Reverb vibrato problem (lots of noise, not audible at 1/4 power setting). It was, in fact, a defective tube (V6). I replaced the stock Sovtek with a Jan GE 12AX7WA and its fine....quiet, and works great at 1/4 power setting. I didn't really suspect a bad tube because the amp was brand new. Live and learn.......thank-you for your help. How are you making out with your customers Pro Reverb that you've been working on?

Best regards! :thu:

That's interesting. I checked out a new Pro Reverb locally, and found that the vibrato was nonexistent at 1/4 power, and that there was a persistent hiss on both the clean and drive channels. Kind of put me off the amp...

Archived