Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More Songs For Khan

Fingerstyle_Jim

I thought I would start a new thread for this, I was in a 60's tribute band in the 80's, we had a great time with "Secret Agent Man", "Kicks", "Venus", "She's Not There", "The Letter", "Love Her Madly" and several Beatles and Stones songs. We made a simple medley out of "Wild Thing", "Louis Louis" and "Hang on Sloopy", we just played the same 3 chords and accented whichever one the singer was on. We did it in "G"- G-C-D, over and over and over........but it was fun.

Incidently, I would like to give due credit to "Mony Mony" for being the song that pushed me over the edge and made me decide to quit the band and study classical.

Oh, and did I mention my mp3 page?

http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham

Jim in Canada

One more thing, we called ourselves "Reunion Jack", what bandnames are you people using?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned more Animals, early Who & Kinks, and Tommy James and the Shondells on the other thread.

In honor of Fingerstyle's being from Canada, though, how 'bout some Guess Who?

Reunion Jack is a TERRIFIC name, and Ontario ROCKS. I've got relatives in Deep River and London. Take care.

Rick

Originally posted by Fingerstyle_Jim:

I "Secret Agent Man", ""She's Not There", "The Letter", "Love Her Madly"

Thanks JIm. These are already on our "short list". Grat tunes all! :D

Incidently, I would like to give due credit to "Mony Mony" for being the song that pushed me over the edge and made me decide to quit the band and study classical.

LOL! :D

Originally posted by Arjay:

I mentioned more Animals, early Who & Kinks, and Tommy James and the Shondells on the other thread.

In honor of Fingerstyle's being from Canada, though, how 'bout some Guess Who?Rick

We're doing NO TIME. I think that is Guess Who.

We also have a couple of Early Who tunes. Thanks :D

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Yep, No Time is Guess Who. Might consider "Hand Me Down World" by them, too. Great stuff.

Other oldies that caught my attention...Signs...(Five Man Electrical Band)...Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum)...anything by Alice Cooper from the early 70s..."Under My Wheels" was one of my definite faves...makes a good segue into "Suffragette City" (sp?) by Bowie, too. How 'bout some old Mitch Ryder?

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived