Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pedal tremelo: experiences, suggestions?

Intense Jim S

Looking for a nice tremelo pedal and considering

• Fulltone Supatrem
  • Voodoo Labs Tremelo
  • Demeter Tremulator

I'm avoiding the Diaz because of too many comments about poor S/N and bypass. Throb isn't true bypass and the three above are. Suggestions in favor or against?

This message has been edited by Intense Jim S on 10-11-2001 at 07:19 PM

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yo-i have tried those and many more,bein a one man surf band i need that hard-nosed on/off sound.the way i decide is to put the pulses as slloowww as possible and then listen to the s/n ratio in between the audio signal. my favorite and they can still be found is the for me it is the end all be all for trem and it can take a lickin'!
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

I also use the Boss PN 2 and am quite happy with it. I'm not a trem fanatic but I have half a dozen amps with built in trem. It probably will depend on how you need to use it. I've also used the supa trem and think that it sounds nice. Best bet would be to try out as many as you can and see which one strikes your fancy.

------------------

MH

MH

I have both a Voodoo Labs and a Guyatone VT3 micro pedal. The sound on the Voodoo Labs is terrific but it's been completely unreliable and I'm about to send it in for major servie after less than five months. The VT3 doesn;t sound quite as good as the Voodoo labs, but it's reasonable and very clean. The problem is that you get an significant gain boost when you kick it in. Not a problem if you leave it on all the time (I do), but if you only want it as an occasional effect, that would probably make it useless.

I'm avoiding the Diaz because of too many comments about poor S/N and bypass. Throb isn't true bypass and the three above are. Suggestions in favor or against?

The only place I've ever seen that suggested the Demeter is true-bypass is the notoriously unreliable review database at Harmony Central.

I don't think it IS true bypass, but I'm not certain.

Archived