Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

someone can value my gears?

astukas

hi!

i'm italian, and i wish to know a realistic valuation of my gears; in italy are not serious and realy expert about the real gear( excuse me for my language.......i'm not english)

-i've a 1967 telecaster in VG- condition olimpic white, all original;

-'54 225td gibson with original hard case with some scratch , all original;

-'66 ampeg reverb rocket II MINT (with tremolo echo original remote cont.)

- Brown Fender Concert '61 , re tolex original case,non original speakers (2x12" mojo ; 2x 12 fender speakers from '70s )

- MXR phase 100, distortion plus , blue box not reissue(no led) block logo

-TS808 original with non original bypass button

-Ross compressor (texas made)

-recent Vintage RAT

I know is not possible to make a valuation without see, try and hear these ones, but i know you are more expert and serious than most of people that i know THANK YOUU!!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Astukas, and welcome to the forum!

Let me congratulate you on your English, it's quite good, and way better than my Italian. One eensy weensy minor point though..."gears" with an "s" implies plural sprocket type devices for mechanical advantage (my bicycle has ten gears) whereas the word "gear" without the "s" is what you're referring to...it generally just means "equipment". So forgive us if we smile a little bit...I'm sure you'd have way more fun with us if we were attempting Italian, however, there are a few who frequent these forums who seem to be quite fluent in Italian...DanSouth comes to mind.

It does sound like you've got some really nice gear. A '67 Tele, I believe that was during the CBS era...nice, not quite as sought after as the pre-CBS stuff, but still a nice instrument. The Gibson is probably worth a nice chunk of change. The amps...way cool. But, I wouldn't sell any of that stuff, if that's what you're thinking. I really personally don't keep track of what stuff like that is worth...'cause I usually can't afford it anyway. You might check with Gruhn's Vintage Guitars. They might be able to give you an idea. I'll see if I can find the website...yeah, here, it's just:

www.gruhn.com

This message has been edited by Tedster on 10-06-2001 at 04:25 PM

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived