Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I got the Qwik Tune QT-10 pedal tuner...

kudyba

I haven't used it in a real live gig situation but I wanted to give you guys my first impression. I got it from MF for $15 (total w/shipping) and I guess I got what I paid for. I didn't realize that it wasn't a chromatic tuner! So forget about alternate tunings or tuning down 1/2 step.

But I did take it out in the sun and although I couldn't see the green/red LED's I was able to see well the digital display VU. The unit does at least look cool and it works OK. I tried it with a low-output acoustic. The lower strings seemed to give a more stable response with the meter but using the 1st & 2nd (E & B) strings caused the display to be a little jumpy a took a couple of plucks to stablize but after I tuned all 6 strings the guitar played in tune just as well as with any other tuner.

Fortunately, you do NOT need to have anything plugged into the output so you can also tune without being plugged into an amp. The bypass of course works fine. Some people feel that by putting ANY pedal in your signal you'll affect your tone but I don't really notice any change. I'll leave that to Eric Johnson.

I haven't tried a bass with it but when I do I'll update this thread...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Rob, for the money, I think those Quik-Tune things are kinda like "Bic Tuners"...I've got a little one I use. I'm not really worried that much if someone "borrows" it and forgets to give it back. I'll get another one for that money. Maybe two or three. Make great stocking stuffers...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived