Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roger Mayer axis pedals

Kendrix

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not familiar with 'em at all.

I remember back in the seventies I bought a fuzz pedal in a pawnshop with the words "J.H. Experience" on it. It was a label, like a brand, and I didn't take it to mean that someone was trying to counterfeit one of Jimi's pedals (I mean one of the pedals he actually used). It was kinda cool...but it's been long lost to the sands of time...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I got a RM Stone Fuzz a few month's ago. I kinda like the sound but after opening it up I think there is a lot of hype in the RM advertising. The Ston Fuzz is marketed as the improved version of the Axis Fuzz with new circuitry, well as far as circuitry goes there isn't a whole lot to speak of. It's one of the simplest circuits I've ever seen with very few components. My Tube Screamer is a lot more complex with about four times as many components. This is probably due to the fact that the Stone Fuzz has no tone control circuitry, something I wish it had by the way. It has a cool sound but I think that it is limited as far as variety. It is also definately overpriced and I think that part of this is due to the fancy rocket ship case.

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

My Music: www.javamusic.com/freedomland

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Archived