Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

telecaster neck

omni

I have a 63 custom shop tele and would like to find a rosewood board with no arch and fat frets? any one have any ideas where to look? I dont want to mod the custom shop neck.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get most of my necks from WD ( www.wdmusicproducts.com ). I order them with rosewood and a 12" radius.

I recently got to play a guitar that had a Warmoth compound radius neck. FANTASTIC!! A nice comfortable radius at the first four frets for chord work, then it flattens out as you move up the neck for easy bends and fast playing. An all-around comfortable neck. I'm thinking of switching to these for my future guitars.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

I was checking out the Warmoth site...cool...

Hmmm...actually, I've always wanted something like a Fender Jazzmaster...but with kickier pickups. They had necks for a Jaguar (I think 24" scale)...but, was it the same neck used on a Jazzmaster? I mean, if'n I was going to create a Frankenstein guitar...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hey Ted... the Jazzmaster uses the same 25.5" scale neck as a Strat. For the correct look, get it with the large CBS style headstock.

If I was going to build a Jazzmaster-style guitar (and I might someday soon!), I'd set it up with a pair of Duncan Custom P-90's and a Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop tailpiece. Or maybe a Strat hardtail bridge... the Jazzmaster bridge was a real weak point of the guitar.

Hmmmm... I feel another project coming on! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

This message has been edited by Scott from MA on 08-21-2001 at 11:51 PM

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

Originally posted by Scott from MA:

Hey Ted... the Jazzmaster uses the same 25.5" scale neck as a Strat. For the correct look, get it with the large CBS style headstock.

If I was going to build a Jazzmaster-style guitar (and I might someday soon!), I'd set it up with a pair of Duncan Custom P-90's and a Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop tailpiece. Or maybe a Strat hardtail bridge... the Jazzmaster bridge was a real weak point of the guitar.

Hmmmm... I feel another project coming on! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

This message has been edited by Scott from MA on 08-21-2001 at 11:51 PM

Coolness...hmmmmmm....they had some reeaally reasonably priced Jazzmaster bodies on the Warmoth site. They had been routed for a standard Jazzmaster setup...so...hmmm...don't know how many mod ideas would work well.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived