Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

George Harrison is dying

gtrmac

Someone on another forum posted this link to an article about George Harrison's condition. He's one of the absolute greatest guitarists that ever lived. I still listen to his stuff with joy and amazement at his total originality. Like so many other people of my generation, my decision to learn to play the guitar was a direct result of seeing the Beatles on TV and being caught up in their music. Now my children enjoy the Beatles and it has allowed me to relive hearing those songs again.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/entertainment/DailyNews/harrison_dying010722.html

------------------

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

My Music: www.javamusic.com/freedomland

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh...

I'm really glad I got a chance to see him when he toured in 1974.

It's impossible to overstate the impact he has had on all of us, whether we know it or not. Even those kids who argue "KORN SUCKS/KORN RULES"...they just don't realize it yet.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Almost like some silly Monty Python sketch...

Doctor: "I'm afraid you're dying..."

Patient: "OHMIGOD...you say I'm DYING?"

Doctor: "I didn't say that."

Patient: "Of course you did!"

Doctor: "No I didn't."

Ya know, when that story came out yesterday I did have to wonder: why on earth would George Martin call a tabloid newspaper and tell them this information?

If he were in possession of such information about Harrison, one would think that a trusted friend would keep it in confidence. Or if he had permission from Harrison or was asked to notify the public about it, you'd think he would have held a general press conference, or called a reputable organization such as the BBC or the London Times, NOT the Mail.

In the U.S. that would be like calling the National Enquirer to tell them that a famous friend of yours was dying, instead of holding a public press conference or telling the New York Times or CNN. Not very classy, and not something George Martin would do IMO.

Not that George H. might not still be in danger. I hope we hear something directly from him soon, but he's such a private person that it may not happen.

I had the pleasure of meeting George, Ringo, and their wives at a Bob Dylan/Tom Petty concert in London in 1987. They sat right behind me in the guest box and everybody hung out backstage afterward so I had quite a bit of opportunity to talk with them. I found George to be a truly thoughtful, down to earth and insightful guy. I sure do hope he'll be with us awhile longer, but if he isn't, I know he'll still be A-OK.

--Lee

This message has been edited by Lee Flier on 07-23-2001 at 05:09 PM

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Not that George H. might not still be in danger. I hope we hear something directly from him soon, but he's such a private person that it may not happen.

I had the pleasure of meeting George, Ringo, and their wives at a Bob Dylan/Tom Petty concert in London in 1987. They sat right behind me in the guest box and everybody hung out backstage afterward so I had quite a bit of opportunity to talk with them. I found George to be a truly thoughtful, down to earth and insightful guy. I sure do hope he'll be with us awhile longer, but if he isn't, I know he'll still be A-OK.

You're right, Lee...I mean, Linda Macca battled that dreadful stuff for how long and lost...it's nothing to trifle with.

So you met George and Ringo (and probably Dylan and Petty, too)...and I'm sitting here chatting with you online.

I'M NOT WORTHY...I'M NOT WORTHY...

Hi Y'all

just popped in to say high,saw this thread and couldn't help but just give ya what the English papers are saying.....

yeah George Harrison has been having treatment for cancer, but you will all be relieved to hear that he is still on his feet at the moment. He looked bloody awful when I saw him on the TV the other day but he is still with us and I am sure we all wish him gods help in fighting the hardest fight of his life and send our best wishes to his family.

I hope this finds you all fit and well

See ya soon, just been too busy recently but I been reading when I get a minute.....

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

I suppose in all seriousness...how else would he respond? If he in fact is fighting cancer that has spread to several areas, then it doesn't sound as though he'll be around much longer.

Sigh...

I would expect that Harrison's camp will deny it right up to the day the papers say that he's gone to "jam with Krishna".

Archived