Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

guitar amp catching radio signals

mte

Hello,

I have a Fender Frontman 25R amp and a Squier Strat guitar and if I crank up the distorsion and volume a bit and let it be so for a while, I start getting some radio signals. Sometimes I can distinct something, but in most cases I can't even recognize the language they speak (I live in Slovenia and sometimes I can hear the French language *almost* clearly).

Has this happened to anyone here before?

How can I figure out the frequency on which the amp catches the signal?

Is it possible to somehow change the freqs (some guitar tuning perhaps)?

Thanks

Matej

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT'S A GOVERNMENT PLOT TO WEED OUT THE COUNTERCULTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, yeah it happens to me occasionally here in the states, not so much with my 6L6 equipped amps, but those little EL84 screamers are pretty good receivers. I actually don't know the answer to this, I've tried a variety of things, from the paperclip ground on the input jack, to a ground lift......

Hopefully some of the longtermers here will answer this......

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Your problem could be coming from ANYWHERE in your set-up.

For the longest time, my PA was picking up a local religious station, so I went through the normal detection 'protocols', that is, shutting off each channel, unplugging and changing cables, etc, etc.

Turns out the 'reciever' was one of our better vocal mics!! Once I got rid of the mic, no more interference.

Ya just never know...

Steve

Originally posted by ricknbokker:

Your problem could be coming from ANYWHERE in your set-up.

For the longest time, my PA was picking up a local religious station, so I went through the normal detection 'protocols', that is, shutting off each channel, unplugging and changing cables, etc, etc.

Turns out the 'reciever' was one of our better vocal mics!! Once I got rid of the mic, no more interference.

Ya just never know...

Steve

(Bill Cosby voice...done with the old "Noah" sketch in mind)

STEVE?

Who's that?

STEVE? IT'S GOD-D-D TALKING THROUGH YOUR AMP!

Righhht... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I've had wierd radio experiences with Wah wah pedals. On one gig we started to pick up a police radio, with the dispatcher sending a car on a murder investigation... Kinda made us want to play "I fought the Law" or something.

Anyway, try figuring out what part of your rig is causing the problem and hope it's not your whole amp...

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

i have a whole lotta tapes w/ intercom, radio interfernce comin outta

the speakers during live shows-its actually kinda cool hearin some geezer on the bbc talkin 'bout sweetbread futures during some other-worldly feedback and stuff,however this was in the 60s i thought they would have fixed all that stuff by now-guess again,i guess...

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Archived