Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lee and Joan.....

strat0124

Lee....I was looking at your pic on your website from the Whiskey.....you looked like a young Joan Jett.....rockin out. Hope you don't take offense to that....

Ok....sportfans.....could it be that Lee is REALLY Joan Jett????????

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey lee i dont think of jj when i see you-i just see a rocker!

anyway i was listenin to the 'a certain guy/girl' song you got on there and it rocks-i definitely think your singin deserves more exposure.(i'm sure you've been told that,huh?)

plus that guit solo smokes-reverse double stop bends and all...

i remember that song from that old 'fivelive yardbirds' album

and then 'warren zevon' used to do a great version @ his live shows

and it say the composers are 'neville' is that THE neville bros or somebody else,...jus wonderin...

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Stanner, thanks for the kind words.... I do sing sometimes, but really prefer to just play guitar and sing the occasional harmonies. Maybe do one lead vocal per set. I generally write for male vocals anyhow, although I like male/female harmonies too.

Glad you dug the solo... damn I just realized that recording was 20 years ago... sheeesh... and yes it was "the" Neville Bros. who wrote it, Art and Charles that is. Yeah I learned it from the Yardbirds' version, although the original version, which was done by a New Orleans blues cat whose name I unfortunately can't recall right now, actually sounds more like the way I did it! Although I hadn't heard it at the time.

--Lee

That's a cool tune, yep...I get a big kick out of the way you covered it, too, Lee...it almost sounded like I could envision a musical production number...a bunch of guys bellied up to the bar, when their sweetheart Miz Lee strolls in all dolled up and starts singing...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Awwww thanks guys! Ted, yeah, that was kinda the way I envisioned the song - like everyone's hanging out at a bar or a party and I walk in and tell 'em the big news... LOL... I guess nowadays I'd be telling everybody in the Guitar Forum! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif That song was really a lot of fun to record, it was a great studio and a great engineer, just a perfect vibe. And in fact I think that was a big thing that made me want to become an engineer. I started interning at a studio that same year.

pop: the new stuff is ummm.... not sure how to describe it. It sorta runs a gamut of power pop, Brit Invasion R&B, and some world music influences. Picture pop songwriting with lots of harmonies but with some African/New Orleans voodoo thrown in on the bottom... lots of shouting and call and response vocals... I envision it as pop music with Led Zeppelin's production sensibilities, how they did the layered guitars and the big drums and various world music thrown in. However this stuff doesn't sound like Zeppelin as you can imagine from the description of the songwriting and vocals. I guess you'll just have to hear it when it's done to know what the hell I'm talking about. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

--Lee

Archived