Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Howdy... Rick Turner

michael saulnier

Hey...

I don't want to make TOO big a deal about this, but his comments in a recent post confirmed this is "the" Rick Turner, the guitar builder who builds the very cool guitar Lindsey Buckingham made famous with Fleetwood Mac... as well as several other awesome and unusual guitars.

I consider his work to be some of the most interesting and innovative out there and hope to someday own one of his "gems"...

He's a guitar maker of the highest order, and it's just another reason this forum and site is SO COOL!!! He's in here with all us "slingers".

Being a bit of a guitar junkie, I get a little "verklempt" when I'm in the presence of real genius.

Anyway, Welcome Rick...

BTW, Ted just started a "Mr. Fixit" sorta thread... I bet Rick could share some of his hard won experience there...

Somewhat in awe... I am still just a...

guitplayer

------------------

http://www.mp3.com/acousticvoodoo

Guitar Forum CD Info

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/Forum19/HTML/000537.html

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, thanks! Yeah, it's me......

And now for something completely different: I've got a 33 year old CD coming out on July 9th! Acadia/Evangeline Recorded Works is re-releasing the psychedelic rock album my band did on RCA in 1967; I played guitar & co-wrote most of the material. That was when I started working on electric guitars, designed a full-blown pedal board, stuck electronic gizmos on and in my guitar, and had a great time playing strange music. The album and the band are/were called "Autosalvage", and my co-conspirators were Tom Danaher, Skip Boone, and Darius Davenport. The original RCA album went lead.......may the reissue do better! We're on the same re-issue label as Jorma Kaukanen, Big Brother, John Cippolina, Mike Bloomfield and Nick Gravenites, and many more people I really like. Honored, we are!

And, yes, I build guitars these days....

I thought the name sounded familiar...COOL!!!

And a 33 year old CD puts it at just about my era!

Seems to me I went recently to a website, or maybe saw an ad, about your Buckingham model. If I remember correctly, there was a bit of a waiting list at the time. Is this still true?

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

We announced a limited edition of 120 Model 1-C LBs for this year, and it's gone extremely well. We got a bit of a late start building them, but we're now making 13 a month. About 20 have shipped, and we've got orders on the books for somewhere around 70 more...going to select dealers around the country. Most of the dealers report that the guitars are barely lasting a week in the stores before they vanish. Gryphon Music in Palo Alto sold five in less than seven weeks..... I think we're making the best of these we've done in over 20 years of it. I'm one proud papa!

Hey, Rick,

To tell you the truth, I wasn't familiar with the guitar until I saw the live Fleetwood Mac reunion on the tube a couple of years ago. Seemed like such a versatile piece. Then I saw the ad, was it on a website or in Guitar Player??? At any rate...I don't want to put you out here, for time purposes, but is there a web reference where you discuss the guitar's inception, specs, that sort of thing??

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

wow-that was/is a very unique sounding guitar-it has the spinnin pick/up,right? i remember had a similar idea made for his back in the day-he had one pick/up that slid up and down from the neck position all the way down to the bridge and you could slide it to any spot under the strings for all the tonal differences that makes...cool
AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Archived