Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender's Nashville Tele......

strat0124

I played one of these last night.......I was extremely happy with this guitar, and was very surprised at the price tag. Fixin to put one on layaway soon.....it's like the ultimate gig axe for me. Sounds and plays like a guitar costing way more. Anybody own one or play one?
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He he...I know how you feel. But I can't complain, I just bought an amp pedal last week and my lady didn't complain one bit! Now if she'd just be satisfied eating Ramen for a month then maybe I'll get that Tele soon ;-).

-Dylan

Originally posted by Tedster:

I want one...but I can't say it too loud. The Missus is within earshot... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

No sheeeiiiittt! My wife starts to roll her eyes when my "iwantme's" flare up. I'm in the process of getting her buttered up in order to buy a new recorder.......on a payment plan. But I can layaway all I want, long as I use my own Cashish (pet name for money....wife says I burn it up and stay high for a bit and need some more!!!).
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

These are very cool guitars, especially for the price. I compared it to an American Tele, a Nashville with the piezo bridge, and an American Deluxe Tele and liked the basic one the best.

I was in my local GC a few months ago and decided to get a white one with rosewood fretboard plus one of the Jimmy Vaughn signature strats...

Talked them into doing it for only $350.00 each...

Oh yeah.

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

I've wanted one of the basics for 3 years! Never had the dough when I worked at Mars. Talk about a missed opportunity! Enjoy them boys and girls. I like the combination of pickups.

I've played the power bridge version. Like others, I was unimpressed. My fingerpicking style won't work with light gauge strings, so I'd have to adjust my electric style.

Neil

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Love it, Strat! Man, those breaks are great! And definitely some Don Rich influence in the body of the tune...great stuff!

Hmmm...now for a bowl o' chili...perhaps a burrito? Pizza, maybe?

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Thanks, we have alot of fun, and hopefully someone will notice between moments of laughter and grins the guitfiddle player scorching a bit now and then.

I noticed. Hey, I need a little more of that in my playing...if you ever tab those out lemme know where I can find 'em. That's all fingerstuff, right? Cooks! Burns!

Oh yeah, to add...I've got the basic "Act Naturally" stuff...it's the breaks I wanna, uh, er, borrow... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by Tedster on 05-23-2001 at 03:30 PM

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by strat0124:

Here's an example of finger picked Tele from my band:

That's great Strat! But I didn't mean you can't fingerpick a Tele, just that me immitating acoustic with the powerbridge doesn't sound right. My playing style on acoustic goes from light to bashing in the same song. When I've tried using the powerbridge or Parker Fly, I lose a lot of feel in keeping the notes from going sharp.

I'd love that tab, too!

Neil

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

quoted from the Nashville Tele description on www.fender.com website.

This Music City namesake also features 5-way "Strat-o-Tone" switching for a unique combination of Strat and Tele tones.

No other description available. I'm calling. Can you believe they have no customer service email addresses online? Weird.

Neil

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

OK... after posting that question, I thought I'd try to find my own answer. I read the user reviews at HC, and one of the biggest complaints was that you CAN'T get the bridge/neck combo with the 5-way switching. What's up with that?!?!?! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

Why the hell would they make a Tele that can't get the bridge/neck combo?! I know this can be fixed by adding a mini-switch, but it would seem to me that Fender would want to make this standard. I mean... what's the point in making a Tele that doesn't get the highly-desired Tele sound? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/confused.gif

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

I agree it should come with the full monty, but this is a $400 guitar, and I imagine they have cut costs. It's an easy fix to rewire the thing, probably take ten minutes. If that. I don't do that much switching though and it's not a huge concern for me.

Afternote: When I played the Nashville Tele the first time it was unplugged, and right then I could tell how good it was, before I plugged in. Resonant and a good solid build.

Archived