Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What makes you play better......live

strat0124

A good joint, a happy lil old black beauty and a stiff scotch

on the rocks used to do it for me.

Probably kill me today.

------------------

William F. Turner

Guitarist, Composer, Songwriter

turnermusic

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm madly in love with my songwriting partner. I've dated several female bandmates over the years and it's never worked out until now (about the last 6 years). We've done some very long and intense (hard on everyone, lots of traveling) tours together and we have had monster arguments, but also extreme great times as well. I (like Lee) feel that your soul mate really needs to be musical. Now we're at home and working on our third CD of original tunes. I just don't think you can feel a better sence of accomplishment and satisfaction than creating music with your lover.

And look out if you can't score before the big gig cos you're gonna suck.

Believe me, I'm not a pothead or anything...very casual user but I have to say this has never happened to me. I play differently straight-edge than I do when high but neither is worse than the other...

We record every time we play live and I always study the tape, I like both versions of me http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif.

Sorry, I was certainly not very serious with that post. I think that there may be a lot of factors that contribute to letting me play my best but the first might be the way the guitar and amp sound. Good sound=possibly good playing bad sound= probably bad playing. The second could be the other people I'm playing music with. They could lift me up or drag me down depending.

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Archived