Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

guitar injuries???

tkdblackbelt_dup1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like tendinitis to me...this is not a good thing. Hmm..my last bout with tendinitis made it hard to even pick up a book, so if that's what it is, I feel your pain.

Your handle suggests that you're a Tae Kwon Do practitioner. Are you sure that your problem isn't a sports-related rather than purely guitar-related one? Weightlifting and things of that nature, especially bicep curls, tend to aggravate tendinitis. Either way, the only way I've been able to lose tendinitis (if that is what you have) is to really rest the muscles in question, go easy on them. Sometimes light wrist curls will strengthen the forearms sufficiently...either way, if weight training is part of your regimen, go really light on the arm workouts, keeping it more of a stretching than lifting regimen.

Just some ideas...good luck...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

i dont know about pain near the elbow, but i noe my wrist sometimes hurts like a bznitch after playing for a long while. If it hurts bad even after you've played a while ago, i guess try a different posture for your arm or something of that nature. "no pain no gain". ha ha. yeah right.

peece

Think about seeing a chiropractor. I've seen them off and on over the years for back problems, but I've also had pain in my fretting elbow and various fingers. For the elbow, medical docs said "tennis elbow," like that means a damn thing. I rested it for months. Everything was fine until started using it again. Saw my chiro. about it. Pop! That solved that problem. Same for fingers -- not always, but they get cramps sometimes that won't quit.

Anyway, if you are doing martial arts, it's quite likely that parts of your body are out of joint. This puts pressure on nerves and causes pain.

Archived