Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Spring Reverbs

BK_dup2

Ok everyone,

If you are like me - you love vintage and tube amps especially old Marshalls.

There is only one problem - no Verb or effects loop. I hate putting effects loops on vintage amps. What Analog verbs do you guys suggest. I own a Real Verb from BK butler its nice but what else ??? Fender Tanks are just too big.

(keep in mind I am running it in the effects loop of my realtube rack unit.)

Thanks

BK

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've got all types of reverbs(digital+analog) and they all have distinct qualities that only you can say are usefull or not-trial and error is what i'm sayin, i guess. the best spring reverb i got till i get the is the but those are big and unweildy for what you are talkin about. also got the and that sounds good...

i hope you find what you are lookin for an if you want to unload that please let me know, i will buy it from you.

deependofthereverbtank

stanner

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Hey Stanner,

Thanks - I do like my realverb and think I will keep it. Damn things cost so much. I will try the Soldano. How much is it ? and whats up with the Demeter? I am looking for something that is a cross between The BK butler and a Twin.

Thanks again

BK

well you're welcome...i think mike soldano only did a limited run <100>of those a few years ago,but what a beauty sound plus they have inputs for guitar signal or line signal which is a real plus if you are usin efx loops. I believe james demeters real reverb spring reverb>

is shipping and is available at their site-great review of it in the latest 'tape op' magazine and my friend has one already and it is just luscious...larry crane says in the review "i'm way more impressed w/ the clarity and the low noise of the 'real reverb' than i was w/ any of the vintage units"!

drownin th the reverbtank

stanner

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Bk

Nice to see ya back man!! if your are talkin verbs for your rig may I suggest the following: Keep your marshall cos its brill... I heard your MP3 and it was fab!! Go somethin like a pcm 90 or if you want bang for yhe buck an srv 330

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

Yo Simon,

What is happenin' Brutha

Thanks a bunch for the kind words. Makes my day.

Guess what though that was a 52 reissue tele through my POD. pretty Damn convincing I'll say. Dont get me wrong It can never take the place of my Plexi but my neighbors sure dig the walls not shaking.

Hows the record comin'?

Its your turn for some tunes-- I am looking forward to hearing your stuff.

I just bought a TC M-One this weekend for Vocal mixes. I may just try it in my Marshall set up.

Later boys

Its Friday night and I have a hankering for a cold one.

BKKKKKKKKKKK

Yooooooooo BK

Its saturday am here and went out last night for some posh nosh... Geez heads a bit wobbly hope yours is too http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Album is coming on well now got a bunch of sounds and songs I'm begining to like...... MP3's will be a while though i'm a bit of a perfectionist ya know http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/redface.gif But I'll post some monitor mixes in a couple of weeks...... Ta for asking.

Now as for the TCM 1 thats seriously upmarket for a rig huh? One cool dude.

Later.... I'm off for some post hangover drugs and a lot of caffeine.

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

Archived