Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boss GT3? Yep

nrg music

Bonjour from the UK

A pal of mine lent me a boss gt3 today. He said and I quote ' this is a really happening efx board man' Well I reckon it's just not all its cracked up to be. Have you tried it and what do you think?

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love mine. It's like having all the Boss stomp boxes in one box. The models aren't great, but it's the first non tube thing I've ever used in front of people. I like the Marshall model, altho it's not nearly as trebly as the real thing and that crunch pre amp is excellant. The Boogie model would be good, but they modeled a symul-class. Booo!

Actually, it's a VERY comprehesive piece of gear, and easily replaces over a thousand dollars of individual foot pedals.....BUT, i'm selling mine, as it's just not my cup of tea, and going back to individual boxes....

If anyone's interested, I'd like to get $275, plus shipping for it.

api4u@prodigy.net

------------------

No way does the GT3 replace the boxes that it tries to emulate. Many of those stompboxes are analog and can be tweaked in ways that you could never duplicate digitally. It's a decent unit for the money but it will sound dated in a couple of years and the stompboxes will sound good forever....at least the good ones. Try the BF-2 flanger next to the GT3 for example, see what a difference there is. I'm a big fan of Boss pedals.

SteveRB

Your not wrong there. I can't say i'm a great fan of this gt3 thing, lets just say it won't be replacing anything in my beloved rack!!!

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

o k, this is my mantra, please repeat after me: no, repeat *no* modeler-emulator-sampler will ever sound as good as an original guitar-amp-effect, whether its a stomper or in a rack.

the only reason for getting any of the former is for simplicities sake, 'cause there is no comparison in sound...imho

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Hey, I never said I was selling my Boogies http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

The modeling just doesn't have the 'balls' of a real tube amp. I don't record leads with the GT-3 (altho some very good clean sounds are to be had), even my Cream Machine smokes it for singing tone. I do think it's extremely worth the cash outlay for the effects and the crunch pre amp. I've compared some of my stomp boxes with it and in a recorded mix, the GT-3 sounds fine. It's just when you're in the room playing with it, it doesn't seem viseral.

Has anyone compared it to Yammy's DG Stomp? Kinda wish I'd waited for that thing as it's suppose to interact with you and your guitar better (according to reviews).

Archived