Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Model Chet Atkins W R (by Epiphone???)

sterling30beethoven.com

It's a single cut-away archtop with neck & bridge PUs. It has single tone & volume controls for either one or both neck & bridge pu depending on the toggle switch setting, and the neck inlays are similar to the Gretsch models..

I immediatly thought this model was legit because one of the used guitar stores in the area had what I thought was the identical model but when I stopped by to double check today, of course it was sold..

Anyway, according to the owner, it's serial # is 893858 which would indicate it was built in 1967.. However, it is not ingraved at the top back of the headstock like I believe it's supposed to be. (correct me if I'm wrong..) and for the sticker on the inside the guitar that's visible through the soundhole, according to the present owner says...

"Model Chet Atkins W R

number______________is hereby

GUARANTEED

against faulty workmanship and materials

Epiphone. (It does not say anywhere it was made in Kalamazoo, Mi., or USA, which I believe should be on the sticker..)

Seems to me something is wrong here because no one seems to have ever heard of this guitar and I can't find any mention of it anywhere on the Internet..

So is anyone familar with or has ever heard of this model?

This message has been edited by sterling30@beethoven.com on 01-06-2001 at 04:17 PM

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived