Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

wireless for guitar

I am looking at a Shure "Guitarist" diversity , does anyone have any experience/info on it. I do not play out at the time, but If I am spending the money, I want something that will be good.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

A few months ago,I picked up a Nady 201 from E-Bay for about $75. It was absolutely horrible. I loss so much signal and I couldn't play with dynamics. I had to have my guitar volume maxed out and pick real hard to get a signal. Everything sounded bright and harsh because there was no low end and I was trying to compensate the loss of signal and sustain by using more gain on the amp, blah, blah, blah. The weird thing about this was that my bass player had the exact same model and his unit worked great. He had a good relationship with a Nady Sales rep so we sent my unit to them to check out. After replacing the receiver once and the transmitter twice, it finally works great. They gave me a different transmitter from their Silver Series 201 and now I'm happy. It took a few weeks of trial and error but didn't cost me a dime since I live in the Bay Area where Nady Systems is located.

I've heard people talk about the X-Wire units claiming that they were just as good as using a Monster Cable. I had a chance to pick one up for real cheap once but I hesitated. I came back to get it the next day and it was gone.

Originally posted by nhcomp45@aol.com:

My band plays about 3 weekends a month average, My singer and guitarist use the Sure Diversity I use the Telex Pro Star on my bass. The Sure is more durable , I have repaired the Telex twice, Poor craftsmanship on the circut board . I think you will be happy with the Sure.

I FAILED TO MENTION THAT IT IS THE "VHF" GUITARIST DIVERSITY I AM CONSIDERING, AND NOT THE "UT" UHF VERSION.

IS THAT WHAT YOUR GUITARIST USES? THANKS FOR THE HELP/REPLY.

Karl,I have played many gigs with my Shure Guitarist Diversity unit without a single problem(except the wall wart died). Now I keep a spare . http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/net2/ukliam3.gif

This message has been edited by KHAN on 02-19-2001 at 03:14 AM

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Some of the larger music stores have wireless systems available for rental. You might want to find out if you can arrange to take one home and try it out with your own rig. If you have a good relationship with the music store, they may even agree to rent one to you overnight and then apply the rental fee to a purchase. Check around and see what you can find out. Shure's high-end system is great, but Samson, Nady and X-Wire all make some good systems too. I don't know whether you are looking for a pro system or something that's on the lower-end and low-priced. There are plenty of low-priced systems available that work pretty well. Test as many as you can and compare the differences. Take some notes on how each one affect your tone, the distance the signal carries and how easy it is to use. Wireless systems have greatly improved and the price on them has come down considerably over the years.

Archived