Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Problem Band members ... Whats your approach?

MaFunk

I own 95% of the PA and all the lights
.... and all the lights ...

Well, that certainly put all of this in a different perspective. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lights are a very important part of all musical groups.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bobadohshe:

Who is the leader of this operation? Is this a band where nobody has the final say and the collective always rules?

I think you hit the nail on the head. Opinions are fine and dandy but ultimately this comes down to a question of authority: who's decision it is.

I've run into these problems before. I've always found it helpful when forming a band to come to a basic agreement about how decisions are made. It's also important to establish who owns the name of the band, just in case one section of members wants to leave and take the name with them. And if the group writes songs together, how do you split ownership? None of this matters, unless of course you start developing some serious interest or a following. Then band names and songs take on actual value.

Chris

Originally posted by Dave Horne:

Doeth I detect a hint of sarcasm there Dave? I'd certainly never suggest that lights are a very important part of ALL musical groups! However, I'll bet that any dance band who has had to choose between entertaining a dance floor under the harsh glare of house flourescents or with no lights at all can appreciate that lights can be an integral part of delivering the musical product.

That said, I'm downright happy to own 100% of the lights!

The SpaceNorman :freak:

The SpaceNorman :freak:

Originally posted by Dave Horne:

I own 95% of the PA and all the lights
.... and all the lights ...

Well, that certainly put all of this in a different perspective. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually, they are.

In the club circuit I play, every band is self-contained and carries their own sound and lights.

Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. W. C. Fields

Archived