Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody in the LA area need a mixing console (or two)?

Dave Bryce

Hi, guys -

So, I'm redoing my studio, and I'm changing mixing solutions from my old trusty Alesis X2 to a Tascam DM 3200.

I'm willing to basically give my X2 away to a good home in the LA area (no way to ship it - it's pretty big), but what I'd really like is to trade it for something interesting I can add to my studio. I'm not looking for anywhere near equivalent value (the X2 originally listed for something like $10k)...maybe something like a synth or a module or a compressor or a preamp...you get the idea...

There's a bonus - I actually have a second X2 that I use for spare parts when the thing has problems (although it hasn't had any in years). I'll throw that in as well. I also have a stand for it and two Elko snakes that I'll toss in as well.

Here's a pic:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/Console.jpg

I'll give both consoles to whoever offers the most interesting piece of gear on trade. If no one offers anything interesting, I'll give everything to the first person who offers to come take it away. Pick up needs to happen fairly quickly - ideally before Christmas, hopefully no later than New Years.

Feel free to either post or PM me - whichever makes you more comfortable.

Thanks!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would support my oft repeated assertion that the value of any object depends on whether you want one, or you want to get rid of one.

Dave, if you're trashing those monitors, I'll gladly pay for shipping. :D

--wmp

I don't have anything interesting to trade unless you think a burnt but still-functioning Korg DSS-1 is really enticing :D , but if all else fails, I can haul the thing away for you.

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

I don't have anything interesting to trade unless you think a burnt but still-functioning Korg DSS-1 is really enticing :D , but if all else fails, I can haul the thing away for you.

Things - plural. Remember, there's two of them. :idea:

If no one offers me anything interesting on trade, they're yours. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Yeah, I hafta remember that there's TWO things. If I haul 'em away, I'll bring a pickup truck!!! Hopefully you'll get more enticing offers than smoke-stained DSS-1s. Thanks, man.

Archived