Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland KC-350 --- Blown Tweeter?

jimw

I have a KC550 that I barely got 6 months ago, and it is doing the same thing. All of a sudden it started crackling whenever I hit a note. It seems to be more pronounced on the lower frequencies, but it happens regardless of the pitch. I've only gigged with a few times, and other than that it's been sitting in the same place. Last night I turned it on and started to play, and there it was - an incessant crackling. I got down next to it to listen, and it definitely seems to be coming from the tweeter. In fact, even when all of the input devices are unplugged, there is a constant (and rather loud) hiss coming from the tweeter.

I'm going to do what you guys recommended. Hopefully my problem is as simple to fix as yours.

Ryan

fade in : fade out

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a KC-350 with the same tweeterish problem... it sounds fuzzy at high volume/frequency.

After extensive research, I fixed it myself by giving the amp to my son and getting a pair of JBL Eons. Worked like a charm.

Originally posted by lerber3:

After extensive research, I fixed it myself by giving the amp to my son and getting a pair of JBL Eons. Worked like a charm.

Great idea :idea: Wish I would have thought of that!

Archived