Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

P250 in anyway better than the CP300 ?

jazzfish

Hey all, I jus got a P250 for a bargain. was just wondering ...here, the P250 retail price then was a little higher than the CP300's now.

Any reason why? did Yamaha figure out how to cut costs and be more price competitive with the CP300?

was the P250 better in any aspect than the CP300 ?

thanks for indulging me.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jazzfish, how is it going?

How does the piano sounds on the P250? How about the other voices, like strings, brass section?

I'm looking to buy a digital piano for the real piano sound, but that also has other good voices.

I'm almost buying the Yamaha S08 ($999), but thinking on spending a litle more on the P250 if it's worth it.

Thanks for any advices you can give me and good luck with your new Yamaha!

really depends on

1. budget

2. what u gonna use it for

P250 has a good piano sound better than S08 surely.plus nice internal speakers. Heavy though not ideal for frequent gigging.

It is a digital piano foremost hence things like brass , drums, etc will be XG sounds which i think S08 do better.

sounds like u like nice strings,brass synth sounds at a budget

mebbe S08 is more suitable or a used S90

Again, whats yr budget n how will u use it.

bottom line u cant have it all. cos if u do, ull have to pay = S90ES

Originally posted by jazzfish:

Hey all, I jus got a P250 for a bargain. was just wondering ...here, the P250 retail price then was a little higher than the CP300's now.

Any reason why? did Yamaha figure out how to cut costs and be more price competitive with the CP300?

was the P250 better in any aspect than the CP300 ?

thanks for indulging me.

I've given the above a lot of investigation as I was deciding between a P250 and a CP300, and the CP300 was $400 more!

The CP300 is the replacement for the P250. The RRP of the P250 is technically higher still, but you'd be crazy to pay that for a superceded model.

From all my research and chats with Yamaha themselves, there is only one advantage that the P250 has - it comes with a music rest. On the CP300 you have to buy one for $30 extra.

The CP300 has many advantages over the P250 however - if you search for my username you'll see another post where I list them, or see the specs. Most important I think is the increase in piano sample ROM from 22MB to 40MB. Don't ask me what that means in reality (mine hasn't been delivered yet) but people tell me it is a good thing.

Re the reduced price - here's Yamaha's quote:

"They (music rests) were removed from the CP bundle so that we could keep production costs down and reposition the product at a more competitive RRP - the P250 was $3999 and the CP is now $3799."

By the way - all the above is in Australian dollars.

Cheers,

Damian

The Piano 1 sounds better, it sounds more realistic.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Archived