Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Old/Used CDs?

Bob Rinker

Is there a website you use to find old or used or out-of-print CDs? You know, like walking into that old downtown music store and browsing the dusty stacks in the back corner of the store? (Hmmm, that may have been vinyl rather than CDs, but you get the idea.)

TIA

- Bob

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For classical music, Arkiv Music has a lot of hard-to-find or now out-of-print discs. You have to know what you're looking for in order to get the most out of the site, but it's still a fantastic resource.

There's also the Downtown Music Gallery for jazz/avant-garde music, and Dusty Groove for... well... the name says it all.

David

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

I don't know any specific sites but I just do a general search in the a search engine, like google (google reference; do I get bonus points from Sven, I could have mentioned other search engines :) Generally you will find what your loooking for if its out there. I will also second Ebay. They have tons of stuff on there.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

If it's something I'm interested in owning, I'd do all of the above to track down a copy.

However, I think it's in everyone's interest to remind some of the more forgetful public librarians that one of their most important tasks is to provide access to "the archives" of which are comprised all manner of otherwise-lost materials. I'm not above putting pressure on Interlibrary Loan (ILL) departments to provide local access to rare objects -- the alternative to such access is for such material to be simply lost in space, gathering dust, and sometimes forgotten by cataloguers or sold to the public, which benefits hardly anyone. A good librarian will be pleased to assist and competent to have the material delivered as quickly as possible.

Archived