Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Electro Rhodes live eq

mooghead

Hi Electro users! :-)

I've been using Electro 73 os3 for 3 years now.

In a rock band I've been playing mostly the organ section; last year I was playing rhodes with a latin jazz band and it was fine.

Now I'm playing rhodes with a kind electric-jazz-funk project and I find sometimes during solos my trebles are too thin...but I don't want to lose mid-range either...

Do you have any suggestion to use Electro eq at its best...or about combining the traditional eq (global for the instrument) and parametric eq (for the piano section only).

All comments appreciated :-)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this helps at all, but I usually change to the suitcase when I do solos. It has more mid and bite to it so it tends to cut through a bit better. I tend to use the mk V for most of the rhythm stuff, and then just switch to the suitcase for solos. Hope you find a solution. I tend to find that any EQ messes up the sounds too much or thins them out, so don't tend to use the presence one, only a bit of very minor tweaking of the global EQ.

Cheers

Thuy

turn on overdrive, but keep the knob close to zero. when your solo comes up jack it maybe to 1.

depending on the P.A. i will use a little "presence" to cut mid-low freqs by a db or two. on the straight EQ side i usually find myself notching the treble up..but just a bit.

i use the deep rhodes for sustained chords and usually switch the the "ideal" for soloing.

i still cant get enough of this board, 2 years later.

--

Varmint Kong

Thank you all for comments :-)

I must admit I don't really like the idea of switching sounds...there are some moments when you want a single "sentece" to come out but you're not really soloing.

...but I'll try Milt0n's advice for presence, eq and overdrive.

Archived