Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

introductions - organist + ableton live user

j0shua

greetings keyboard forumers,

ive been subscribed to keyboard for 4 years now, ive been poking around the forum for a few days and have decided to go ahead and introduce myself.

im a pianist gone organist (thanks to john medeski) gone laptopper with the family man (brand new baby!) and job on the one hand and the ever growing pulsating musician on the other.

i play (thats actually play not just spin tracks - though i do that as well) acid jazz, drum and bass, house and other braintumor inducing genrefications of music.

so howdy ho, i hope to both take a little away and contribute a little to said forum.

music is sometimes the best way of introduction:

http://www.ohmbience.com/audio/12-anemone-mapleLeafPreview-theRuralSequence.mp3

http://www.ohmbience.com/audio/01-anemone-theMowerPreview-theRuralSequence.mp3

in the interest of brevity, thank you.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, welcome to the forums! It's nice to see a wide verity of players in the forums. Pianist gone organist playing tumor inducing house music is not a title you see every day.

Interesting audio clips there. Nice web site too.

Looking forward to seeing you around. :wave:

GIGO

thank you very much. i did the site design myself, it isnt much, but it gets the job done.

those clips are from my upcoming release which i am very proud of, if you liked those there are more samples here:

http://www.ohmbience.com/anemonemusic/trs.htm

im coming from a sort of dj-centric set of forums where kids are like "you actually play the keyboard?" to here where it seems like everyone is more of a player than a beatmeister. it should do me good...

i do miss being in a band and playing with other folks on a regular basis....

Hey J0Shua! Welcome to the forum. I'm a Medeski fan too although I'm probably partial to their acoustic album (Tonic).

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

end of the world is my favorite hands down. the live tonic one is good too. ive liked just about everything they've done, farmers market was a little weird, but this is the guy that really got me into acid jazz organ playing.

i see youve got ableton live as well. it is really a tremendous program. ive found that v4 was more stable than 5, but with added power comes added responsibility (ie CPU uasge) i guess.

thanks for the welcome.

I've turned by Live also into my VST host. I've figured out how to do layers and splits on it. A little tedious to set up but at least I don't have to pay for something new.

On Medeski, I also like Notes from the Underground. They offer a nice break from straight ahead jazz.

but with added power comes added responsibility

Are you spider man? I can keep a secret.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

thanks for keeping my identity secret!

ive basically got two setups with live.

one is a dj style rig with laptop and oxygen 8 controller. i do mashups and remixes on the fly. im still pretty green on this.

the other is as a vst host, loop and one shot audio triggers, and super looper style recording. im using an ms-2000, oxy8, and the laptop for that. ive also got a bheringher fcb-1010 all midied up so i can do the loops with my feet, but ive got a bit more work before i can nail that down.

thanks man, as a long time user of several forums on the net i appreciate your ALL CAPS MODERATION attempt. i realize i am a new face here in youse guyses backyard.

however, i posted a chunk of text introducing myself, and two direct linking short samples, not a random spam of CHECK OUT MY NEW TRACK along with a link to a myspace page, or an entire track. i then went on to have a brief yet meaningful conversation with a forum member.

had you actually said something in your post instead of just ALL CAPS LINKS i would not feel the need to retort like this, but really, come off it.

if need i guess i can copy and paste my intro blurb into the intro thread.

sigh.

Archived