Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

S90ES Midi Problems with Logic

Killerloop

Hi! I have 2 Problems with the S90Es and Logic

1.)

When i play in Logic and have some Miditracks (with a S90ES Multiinstrument) there are often Miditiming Problems!

I heard about this problem by using an old S90 but i heard this fault was fixed with the S90ES.- Du you have this poblems too?

2.) I cannot make a Midifile in Logic and play it on th eS90Es with USB stick.

Anything i tried failed.

The S90Es needs a Format 0.

So I export as Midiformat = in Logic. (I tried all options (mix to single Track, normalize the region etc.)

Most the S90Es shows "Illegal File" when try to play it. Sometimes it is with the wrong Sounds etc.

How can I make a Midifile that wil acceted and played correctly from my S90ES?

Logic is so a unbelieavable Sequencer there must be an option to get such a file!

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help you out with your first problem, Killerloop...I'm not familiar with it...I have an S80 and have noticed minute differences between my sequencer and the S80, which I usually compensate for by matching the sequencer to the s80. (The sequencer on my PC can be set to hundreths of a BPM, the S80 only to whole BPMs.) But I don't know if that's what you're referring to...

As for your format, the only thing I can suggest is that maybe Logic is saving the SMF to format 1, which wouldn't be recognized by the 90ES. I use Sonar, which allows me to choose between the 2 SMF file types...I'm sure Logic does as well, but I haven't worked with Logic since it's PC days. I'm certain you can make this work...

Check out my band's site at:

The Key Components!

KillerLoop:

I have the same problem with "Finale" a notation program. My s90ES will not play midi files created by Finale. However I can open the Finale midi file with Sonar, and then let Sonar create the midi file, and my S90Es will play it. Finale Tech Support has no answer.

Bob Stiffler

Archived