Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The S90Es Container is very loud?!?

Killerloop

Hi! Sorry for my English. I tested lots of keyboards from pretty any different company and for me the S90ES would be the best choice,

But there is one problem Imentioned at 2 Models. When I am playing not the Keyboard action but the whole "housing? (I mean the black container) It swings. thats pretty loud. Is this a fault of all instruments or between special built instruments (maybe just some instruments built between special serial numbers have this problem?)They were clearly louder than P120 or Motif ES. Can you tell about?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a piano, it's called the "case". This is an unfortunate term for gigging musicians because we also have a "case" to put the synth in to carry it. "Housing" is the technical term an engineer would use and is a good word; some people might call it a "body" or "chassis" (pronounced "chassy").

Perhaps it was the stand causing the problem. The S90ES doesn't come with a stand; you have to get one. It's a heavy keyboard, and is meant to be played hard if you want to. If it's on a weak stand, the stand will bend as you play.

If so, just make sure you get a good stand. I use a "double-X" style of stand, which is inexpensive and works great (but doesn't leave lots of room for extra pedals on the floor). There are many other kinds of stands that are very good. Search this site for "keyboard stand" and you'll find threads with plenty of pictures and opinions.

Are you saying that there is a 'rattling' or 'buzzing' sound when you play the keyboard? If so, then perhaps something is loose within the keyboard. Attempt to tighten (but not overtighten) the screws on the bottom of the keyboard, especially if any of them are loose enough to move with your fingers.

What LearJeff was suggesting was that the sound may be caused because of the type of stand you have the keyboard on. What surface/stand are you using to support the keyboard while you play? If you put it on a table, so that the four feet are supported, does it make the same sound?

Do us a favour... stop using so many exclamation points... your keyboard isn't on fire. :rolleyes:

If it's a problem with the keyboard, you have two choices: 1) return it to the place you bought it for them to service or replace it, or 2) live with the noise.

Sorry, but posting about it on a forum isn't going to make the sound go away.

Good luck.

You might want to give Yamaha Tech support a call or send them an email and ask them if this is a known problem with that keyboard. It seems kind of strange that you would have this on 3 different keyboards and yet nobody else seems to have this problem.

I don't understand what you are saying KillerLoop. The S90ES has a pretty solid body. No part of it is soft enough to bend or "swing", whatever that means. Can you lay it on the floor and tell us what happens then?

It is so heavy that banging on the keyboard will not even make it budge if it is on something stable -- like the floor. Sounds like you need a better stand.

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

Archived