Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord stage has disadnatages against the nord electro?!?

Killerloop

Hi! I would like to buy the nord stage compact (now i habe an electro which i really LOVE!!) but there are no wheels (Mod and Pitch) and no multimebral to layer. And so on i would like to have better acoustic pianos and a synth)

But yesterday I tested the Nord Stage 88 byside an electro (I tried both with the stage keyboard, with the electro keyboard and with the keyboard aof a motif es 6.

I for me it seems that the organ (with exactly the same settings!!) was not so warm ansd powerful in the stage! How could this be? (It wasn't the better organ feeling on the electro because i tried with 3 Keysboards) And the EPianos are also (because of the releasesamples maybe) not so powerful. (Sometimes i think the release samples are too loud.- Can i make them more quiet?

What do you think. Is there a more poweful and better sound in the electro for some cases?

Are there any Disadvantages for the Nord Stage (Compact) against the Elctro? excluded the costs) :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure the nord stage has been updated. When you turn on the stage, the O.S. number comes up, the latest is 2.1. I have owned both the electro and the stage. I find the organs to be virtually identical, EP's better on the stage. The new upgrade for the stage noticeably improved the piano's.

You also might try adjusting the velocity setting on the stage, hold down shift and press the dynamic button, there are 4 velocity curves for each piano.

John

Archived