Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Farfisa F1

born2die

Hi I was wondering if anybody here as any knowlage of the farfisa f1. I am looking at buying one and was wondering if they are any good. I remember reading a review around 93/4 and I seem to remember that they compared it to a kn2000. All I can find on search engines that I understand is

The F1 is a 76 note all in one electronic keyboard with a decidedly different look and our award for the Most buttons on a keyboard at NAMM. Combining synthesizer, midi controller, audio input, and sequencing functions, the F1 features

* adjustable stereo speakers built-in (swivel front to back)

* one function - one button front panel

* two audio inputs that are digitally converted and routed to 3 separate effects processors

* 8 separate processors for internal sounds: 2x poly upper & 2xpoly lower, and four to drive the various voices of a layered or sequenced section

* Human Touch Accompaniment that allows the musician to modify the style while playing by the number of notes played/ chord variation/ or keyboard sensitivity

* 16 track sequencer with standard midi file compatibility and 70,000 events

* 2 x 30W RMS amplifiers for speakers

* 34 note polyphony

* 60 preset music styles + 15 custom styles

* built in 3.5" DS/HD disk drive

* two headphone jacks

* stereo outputs, more

I am really looking for any info but mainly on the keyboards midi capabilities and if I can use it to midi into reason 3. I cant yet afford a proper synth (the wife says no to more than £150. so I think that this seems a good choice as the kn series are still fetching silly money for the kn1/2/3000 on fleabay at the mo.

Afer having owned a kn2000/korg x5d/yam dx7 in the past and having had to sell them a couple of years ago due to baby I have now take up the keys again and I am lost as to midi to computer and midi in general. So the farfisa seems a bagin but there is just no info on the net so I thought I would ask the experts

Many thanks for any help

tris

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/born2die75/roland_junogsiggy_dw.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived