Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurz current Reliablity/quality?

Kevmo

In terms of gig worthiness - I gigged with a Pc2 rack for 2.5 years - no problems ever. Now gigging with a K2661, for 6 months so far. No problems.

Great quality sounds, awesome controller features.

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by GEEKGURL

All I know is, the legal troubles Kurzweil has had are the kind that put lesser companies 6 feet under for good. The fact that enough people on the business and consumer side think it's worth saving says something about the company's products and philosophy.

I have used Kurzweil equipment since I had to put down my 4 DX7s over 10 years ago. It was a sad day thinking nothing ever could compare.

Kurzweil keyboards have given me more satisfaction in all of my musical situations. Whether I am working in my studio with my K2600XS or playing live with either a PC2,K2VXS,or 2000VP,Kurzweil has always always delivered.

I have gas for a 2661 right now,however my family needs to come first (college and wedding).

Other than putting a new LCD in the VX I have never had a problem with any of them. And if I do, one call to Sweetwater will give me the satisfaction in the service arena.

Gary

Hi Gary :wave:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/pursuitboy/HawaiiBill2.jpg

College: $25K/year

Wedding: $20,000

Hawaii Bill (above): Priceless :cool: ...No. Not really ;):D

Here's a Carolina coed pleading poverty... :rolleyes::)

http://www.watsoncrombie.com/poverty.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

K2000VP - DOA from dealer. Replaced by another unit that has worked fine to this day.

K2000RS - no problems

K2500R - Worked fine until I shipped it back to the dealer for a KDFX installation. The KDFX board was bad. They replaced it, and it worked fine.

I've sold the two R units; the recipients did not report any problems after shipping.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I live and die by Kurzweil gear. It's been at the center of my studio and live rig for about 15 years now.

Regarding reliability - in a nutshell, I had very poor luck with the K2000/K2500/PC88 series gear (although I've nerver had a problem with my K2VXS), and I've had great luck with the K2600/PC2 series stuff. The 1000 series (late 80's) was also very reliable.

So..... In summary, the newer stuff has been rock solid for me. And, of course, VAST is still the best sounding synth engine on the face of the earth after 15 years. :)

So there you have it! :)

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Archived