Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2005-2006 thread

Dave Bryce

I had a feeling that tonight would be the almost inevitable letdown game for the Suns. After four straight wins, the first three in elimination games, I'm not surprised that Phoenix looked worn out in Game 2.

That's not to take anything away from the Clippers, though. Los Angeles had a helluva first quarter, and they never looked back.

So far, this is exactly how the Suns / Lakers series began. I think Phoenix will do whatever they can to avoid being down 1-3 again. I expect Game 3 will be hard fought and competitive.

Congratulations, Clippers fans.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Anybody else think it looks like Dallas is gonna take the Spurs out?

dB

Dallas sure is a differnt looking squad in year 2 of Avery. They play Spurs ball now...but I think the Spurs will find a way to extend the series to game 7, and that will be a mighty mighty challenge for the Mavs.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

In any case, Grif, yo know what they say about the Patriots and Boston: The town is so red sox centric that when the Pats started fielding this historically good team, the city was like, "what do we do this?" Cleveland is gonna have to relearn the game.

In case you forgot, the Celts pretty much owned Beantown in the 60's, 70's, and 80's - but they've been so bad for so long, people don't pay attention anymore...

Originally posted by steadyb:

a 4-0-Suns sweep would help make the case that anyone could've beaten the Nuggets, and that the Lakers therefore would've won in the second round vs. the Clippers.

Too bad there ain't gonna be a 4-0 Suns sweep, huh? ;):D

Man...three out of four road teams managed to steal one of the first two. Cool... :thu:

Anybody else think it looks like Dallas is gonna take the Spurs out?

dB

I think it's very possible, and thought that before they started playing each other. The Mavs are playing really good ball. I think I put the Spurs for winning in 7, but I've always felt this would be really closely contested.

I was doing a recording session during the last Clippers game (Game 2) in the middle of the 4th quarter, and when we turned on the TV, they were up by a jillion . The Clippers scored about the same as Game 1, the key difference being that the Suns scored about 40 points less! :D

I have no doubt that the Suns will get up in their face again, though...

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

I have no doubt that the Suns will get up in their face again, though...

I think that we're going to see a lot of gutty back and forth in every series but one. I'm hoping for better games, rather than the alternating blowouts we've mostly seen so far, and I think the good tight games are coming. Starting tonight.

Phoenix finally wins a sub-100 playoff game in an ugly offensive showing. At least the Suns were consistent at the free throw line or they would have been blown out.

How about those four 3-point shots in a row by Vladimir Radmanovic to bring the Clippers back in the game again? It got exciting there for a little while!

Happy to have my team back in the lead in the series. :)

Best,

Geoff

Radmanovic was on fire! Was a really awkward looking game, esp. for the Clippers, who shot poorly at times, even with good opportunities. Somewhere around the second quarter, I thought that the Clippers might not win because they just looked awkward, but they came back and made it extremely close.

Wow, Wow, Wow, and WOW!!!!!

That's all I can say. One of the most amazing (Non-Celtics) games I've ever seen in my life just concluded. Yes, the refs were more than a little inconsistent down the stretch (phantom calls and BS non-calls on both sides) but when the chips were down, they let the two teams play, and the Mavs pulled a gritty win out of it.

The question is, at what price? Dirk was limping bad - is he going to be able to play? If not, you can wrap this series up and hand it to the Spurs...

Another classic.

I'm a little irked by two decisive calls -- one, a blocking call on Duncan against Nowitski that was clearly a bad call, then I though the call against Bowen that sent Dirk to the line to tie it was bad, and I thought the call that Manu fouled out on was pretty ticky tack.

Just a little home cooking. The Mavs are playing great, and this is one of the best series in quite a while.

Looks like Lebron put a little egg on Rasheed & Barkley's face.. I would have never thunk the Cav's tied with Detriot.. Incredible.

Mavs, just too much team speed for the Spurs. Which also seems unlikely considering Obie-Won & Mr Longoria. This is far from over, the Spurs aren't gonna lie down.

TROLL . . . ish.

The Spurs look stiff and stale. The Mavs have fire in their eyes. No re-peat this year!

Tony Parker is a 71 percent free throw shooter? Good grief, Parker, get off the TV star and put in some more practice time. You just cost your team a win (and maybe the season) with your two clutch misses in OT.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by meccajay:

Looks like Lebron put a little egg on Rasheed & Barkley's face.. I would have never thunk the Cav's tied with Detriot.. Incredible.

A LeBron/Shaq/DWade Eastern Finals would be awesome! How many fouls do "The LeBrons" get collectively?

:D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Rabid:

quote:

Wow... :eek:

Not just one, but two amazing games tonight. Now that's why I watch playoff basketball. :cry:

Robert

Count me among the jealous who couldn't watch the games because of work. Sure, I'm on the West Coast; but I'm also on a deadline. The best I can afford to do right now is to take a break every once in awhile and spot check a game. :(

After tomorrow's Fed Ex last call, though, I'll be able to watch again; so it's true that I'm still better off on the West Coast when it comes to late night sports.

As for American Idol, on the other hand, you East Coast viewers have the advantage you don't have to worry about stumbling upon spoilers from someone who posted from an earlier time-zone about who was eliminated! But that's another topic

Best,

Geoff

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

... As for American Idol, on the other hand, you East Coast viewers have the advantage you don't have to worry about stumbling upon spoilers from someone who posted from an earlier time-zone about who was eliminated! But that's another topic

Best,

Geoff

Don't worry, I will not tell you that Kat just ran off of the stage crying after forgetting her words to the first song.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived