Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2 Questions about Nord Electro (B4d; ControllerPedal FC7)

Killerloop

i! I bought an Electro this X-Mas and I'm very very happy!

But i have two questions/problems:

1st. i heard it is Possible to use the Boehm (ative Instrumnets) B4D Controller to control the Electro's drawbars. How to do? Because I think the B4d transmits fix Conrollers CC# and the Electro recieve fix Ciontrolers. (But not the same!)

I have a Powerbook G4 but i would like to use the electro + B4D without Computer!

2nd I have no Expressionpedal for Electro. But i have a good and expensive one from my Yamaha Keyboatrd (FC7).

But in the Manual there is standing this will not work because of wrong resistor and because of different pole.

But some people say you can use this. So how.

AND is this good, or should I buy another one? Which one? Roland EV5 is cheap but is it good? Roland EV7 is expensiv but do I need this?

Which other ones coulod I use?

Thanks Greedings from Austria

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can use the B4D as a drawbar controller with the Electro. You will need a mapper to translate the B4D CCs to the Electro CCs. Something like the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus would do the trick. I use a set of Voce MIDI Drawbars with this for the Electro and it works great. I know a place that sells them and programs them for a nominal fee, so contact me via PM if you would like the contact info.

As for the expression pedal, you can use the Yamaha with an adaptor. I can point you to the place that makes these - contact me via PM. If you don't want to use an adaptor, then the Roland EV5 and EV7 pedals work great!

Regards,

Eric

Archived