Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What songs should every keyboardist know b4 auditioning for a band?

skier4467

Originally posted by Dave Horne:

Wouldn't it be great if bands had a lead sheet to work from as well?

God, wouldn't it though?

But...none of the pop/rock/funk-based cover bands I've ever worked with have used charts or lead sheets at all. Hell, besides me and any horn players, no one even reads.

Which is a vicious cycle, because given the type of gigs I play, I never see any charts or lead sheets anymore, which means my reading skills just get rustier and rustier...

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skier, since your initial post, you haven't been back to tell us more about the music you're interested in. Still there?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Skier, since your initial post, you haven't been back to tell us more about the music you're interested in. Still there?

You frightened him away when you implied that he had to learn to read music, Dave. :rolleyes:;)
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

You frightened him away when you implied that he had to learn to read music, Dave. :rolleyes:;)
It may have come as too big of a schlok

to him Tom.. ;)

Archived