Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synthogy Ivory: Problems with Yamaha

Killerloop

Hi!

Today I played Synthogy Ivory (not the new 1.5) I was prettsy impressed but i have 2 questions:

1) On the Yamaha C7 the normal "d" and the "eb" sounds like Cowbells. Do you agree? i tested it on 3 seperate computers and everywhere the same problem.

Synthogy says this is normal because the original Piano sounds like this but i cannot imagine. this realy sounds like a fault. like a cowbell mixed with a piano (just this 2 notes, the othetr notes are sounding great!)

2) In my opinion a Yamha P120 or a RD 700Sx sound with more pressure anda better feel. Why could this be? (there are some MB Samples and Synthogy has used lots og Giga Bytes!!)

Thanks for answering.

Is this better on version 1.5?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As to question 1, I expect if they say it sounds like that and are happy with it I guess that's how it is. Can you map adjacent notes to those keys instead?

On question 2. What are you using for a controller? Have you checked its response curve for velocity? You may be able to adjust this either in the controller or in the software synth. Record it into a midi program and check the range of values you are getting for velocity.

Archived